Global Course in Major

Class Description 

One class that I have taken that reflects on my Global Option is my Development Economics class. In this class, I have learned valuable information about unique situations that developing countries around the world face in regard to the economy.

Class Reflection

Many large economies now have gone through the same growing pains as these countries 100 years ago and it is interesting to see the great strides developing countries have made. Areas such as health, finance, education, technology, and agriculture are large topics with many characteristics unique to only these developing countries. Since these topics have unique qualities, actions used in developed countries are not efficient to create change and economic success. These countries are also more disconnected from the rest of the world in terms of trade because they do not receive a fair price for their goods, or their quality of goods are not up to those of developed economies. Nevertheless, to help these countries gain success and growth, it is important to first understand the conditions and culture of that country and create calculated approaches instead of generic fixes.