- OSHA actually cracking down on waste and recycling areas.
- New inspections are started almost every day
- A few years ago, companies paid an average of $800 per violation. Presently, the average is more towards $1800
- ANSI Z245 Committee is dedicated to national industry standards in waste and recycling equipment, facilities, and operations
- National Waste and Recycling Association (NWRA) offers numerous safety practices and processes for its members
- Complete revamp of public recycling in St. Paul and Minneapolis area
- Identify what is recyclable
- Know the difference between materials. Some are worth more than others.
- Value Assessment
Has lists of best practices and success stories from different areas (college campuses included)
Waste Management The Think Green Campus Model
- In FY 2010, we achieved an average recycling rate of 45%, our highest rate to date and a three-fold increase from only three years earlier.
- Excluding construction debris, total waste output has decreased by approximately one-third from about 3,653 tons in FY 2008 to about 2,457 tons in FY 2010.