- Campus Recycling Bins
- Battery & E-waste Recycling
- Cardboard Recycling Bins
- Large Recycling Bins 30-100 Gallons
Perkins Automated Container
Anhui Airuite Collector
MetroTaifun® Pneumatic Automatic Waste Collection System
Water Bottle Refill Stations
- The average cost of the units, including installation, was $2,200.
- The Oasis MWSBF model requires no electricity because:
- It does not have a “bottle replacement” counter.
- It is not chilled.
- Users simply pushed a button to dispense the water.
- The mechanical system may not need as much maintenance as an electronic system and will be less expensive to maintain.
- Oasis has recently released a gasket that allows its stations to be installed on Elkay water fountains. Because Penn State has more Elkay water fountains than Oasis, this will allow us to use both vendors.
- Oasis filters are made of 50% post-consumer recyclable plastic.
- The Oasis station dispenses water at a rate of 0.5 gallons per minute, a slow rate.
- Users like the feedback bottle equivalent counters
- The recessed units have a small hole in the drip dish that can produce splashing on the floor. OPP has had their welders enlarge the hole and this has solved the problem.
- The new Oasis recessed units do require electricity, whereas the retrofit units do not.
- Has a digital counter that shows the number of 16 oz. bottles replaced by each use.
- Users raved about the counter because it gave them feedback about the positive impacts of their actions.
- The Elkay model dispenses water at a faster rate (1.5 gal/min for non-refrigerated, 1.1 gal/min for refrigerated units) than the Oasis.
- Incurs added costs due to the electricity required to power the digital counter.
- The electronics will probably need expensive maintenance in the future
- The Elkay unit only fits onto an existing EZ model water fountain.