We are pleased to share the launch of the university’s IT Academy! This academy is the direct result of feedback from IT professionals across the university about the resources needed to continue building knowledge and skills that will allow us support the university with rapidly changing technology. It is a collection of self-paced and curated learning resources designed to support the diverse learning needs of the entire university technology community.
There are 2 key resources available to IT professionals through the academy:
- Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP): GTP provides insights, evaluations, and resources for technology professionals as they assess tools, make decisions, and implement technology. Within the next few weeks, IT professionals will receive an email from Gartner explaining how to access their resources. If you do not receive this email, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Lynda.com: (Available March 1!) This online learning platform provides access to thousands of resources that help IT professionals to grow their knowledge. To request access, please complete the access request form.
Although GTP is available only to university IT professionals, Lynda is available to all university and Medical Center IT professionals.
In addition to self-paced exploration of content, we’ve designed 3 key development tracks to address needs and emerging technologies:
- Soft Skills for Technicians
- Beginning Skills for Information Security Roles
- Amazon Web Services Core Concepts
We plan on continuing to add additional tracks and welcome your feedback in determining those tracks.
Designing and developing the IT Academy has been an important collaboration between technology representatives across the university. I’d like to thank Leslie Weibush from OCIO, Joe Roush from Education and Human Ecology and the entire IT Academy working group for their leadership.
We look forward to hearing what you find most valuable from these resources and encourage you to provide feedback on future learning tracks that can help the academy grow. To share your ideas or if you encounter access problems, please contact ITAcademy@osu.edu.