Recent RCL Research
Here’s some work we’re really proud of from our graduate students, alumni, and faculty:
- Yanar Hashlamon’s “Rhetoricity at the End of History: Defining Rhetorical Debility under Neoliberal Colonialism” in Rhetoric Society Quarterly.
- Dr. Louis Maraj’s Black or Right: Anti/Racist Campus Rhetorics, which won the 2022 CCCC Outstanding Book Award.
- Dr. Margaret Price’s “Time Harms: Disabled Faculty Navigating the Accommodations Loop” in South Atlantic Quarterly.
- Dr. Erin Bahl’s “Botanicals: An Interactive Pedagogical Webcomic” in The Digital Review.
Our program also engages in quite a bit of cross-rank collaboration. For example, consider the following published projects that involve current graduate students, former graduate students who are now faculty, and current RCL faculty:
- Dr. Gavin Johnson, Melissa Guadrón, Keira Hambrick, Yanar Hashlamon, Addison Koneval, and Dr. Christa Teston’s “Responding to the Investigative Pivots of Rhetoric Research” in Rhetoric Society Quarterly.
- Yanar Hashlamon and Dr. Christa Teston’s “Teaching participative justice in professional writing” in Technical Communication Quarterly.
- Dr. Ben McCorkle, Kathryn Comer, and Michael Harker’s “Unruly Practice: Critically Evaluating the Digital Archives of Literacy Narratives” in a special issue of Across the Disciplines.
- Drs. Elizabeth Brewer, Nora McCook, and Kay Halasek’s “Flipping Professional Development: Engaging Instructor Needs and Changing the Visibility of WPA Work in Pedagogy.
- Drs. Jason Palmeri and Ben McCorkle’s “A Distant View of English Journal, 1912-2012” in Kairos.
- Drs. Michael Blancato, Gavin Johnson, Sara Wilder, and Beverly Moss’s “Brokering Community-Engaged Writing Pedagogies: Instructors Imagining and Negotiating Race, Space, and Literacy in Literacy in Composition Studies.
Our program also values cross-disciplinary collaboration. For example, consider the following projects that involve current graduate students and/or RCL faculty:
- The Human Dignity Project
- Building Healthcare Collectives Project
- The Disabled Faculty Study
- Dr. Wendy Hesford’s leadership as faculty director of the Global Arts + Humanities Discovery Theme
Cross-disciplinary, cross-rank collaboration in RCL is enabled and supported by the larger Ohio State community’s commitments to such research. Check out these amazing public/cross-disciplinary connectors!
Research Resources at Ohio State
Institutional Review Board
|Protecting Human Subjects in Research at Ohio State|
|Guidelines for Writing a Research Protocol
Data Analysis Software
OSU Library Research Resources
|Ohio State University Library Subject Librarians