Module 4

I think the most useful thing I have learned from this module is the several different ways to boost your learning through technology. The lesson introduced Thomas Frank’s list of “20 useful websites every student should know” gave examples of everything from google docs to gramarly. Then later in the powerpoint it should some student suggested apps/websites to look into. There are a lot of things that go into a good study app for students and the powerpoint gave a wide variety of apps that can do different things. I already put into practice the time toast resource which helps create timelines to put events into order based on number. It was super easy to use and if I ever have work with dates and events I would highly recommend that one. I would totally put in ideas from the module about memory. The video broke down your brain’s memory like a computer with three parts sensory, working, and long-term memory. I think understand how memory works is important and for example the sensory can only remember things for 2-3 seconds and then would go to the working memory or be forgotten. I think knowing this helps you not get frustrated when you can’t remember material quickly. I would advise students to try everything and see what really works for them for their needs.