The Raj Lab is interested in studying the solute carrier (SLC) membrane transporters. The focus of our research has been generation and characterization of null-mutant mice carrying targeted disruptions of mouse SLC genes to understand their roles in development, disease, and drug disposition.
Specific topics include:
- Understanding the involvement of SLC transporters in human blood cell formation
- Understanding the pathophysiology of SLC-mutated human genetic disorders
- Understanding the pharmacology of SLC nucleoside transporters
- Understanding the involvement of SLC transporters in cancer metastasis and stemness
- Developmental therapeutics for pancreatic cancer chemotherapy