Resource Guides are meant to be “beginner-level” or “101” sources to support researchers in learning the basics of qualitative research Each was created by a QualLab Graduate Research Associated and/or Graduate Student Board member. The student who authored the resource guide is listed on the front page. Each Guide includes introductory descriptions and references. Visit our “Resource Bibliographies by Research Method” pages for more details and references, take EHE courses with our award-winning faculty, and explore our External Qual Links for learning materials beyond OSU. If you have questions or additions, please contact us at QualLab@osu.edu.
The QualLab Resource Guides & Webinar Links are below:
- Webinar: Example of a Higher Education Policy Discourse Analysis Study Presented at the Glenn College Colloquium Series
Critical Qualitative Inquiry
- Webinar: Critical Advocacy Inquiry Presentation as part of the Culturally Responsive Research Webinar Series by NVivo & SAGE Publishing
- Podcast by Dr. Carlotta Penn, EDGE: Example of a Critical / Indigenous Case Study about the RED-DIRT Indigenous Research Team (Monty Begaye, Breanna Faris, Corey Still, Penny Pasque)
Institutional Review Board
- Resource Guide: Institutional Review Board at Ohio State
- Webinar: Qualitative Ethics and Working with Ohio State’s IRB
- Webinar: IRBs and Research Site Anonymity as Methodological Interest Convergence
Software Access for EHE Students
The QualLab & EHE OIT, in an effort to continue to provide EHE students, faculty, and staff with the best tools available for qualitative researchers, are proud to announce that NVivo and Transana software are now available and ready for use in 329 Ramseyer computer lab. NVivo software is useful for large datasets, research teams, and beyond. Transana software provides the latest software in transcribing audio and digital video data. For more information, please direct links to various software options in the QualLab Dashboard of Resources.