Unapologetic Educational Research: Addressing Anti-Blackness, Racism and White Supremacy– A QualLab & Educational Studies Research Series
The purpose of the series is to engage our alums and general audiences in thinking about and reflecting on what it means to conduct educational research from a standpoint that honors Black lives in the research process, while also disrupting racism and white supremacy. Each OSU Alum engages in a discussion with Dr. Lori Patton Davis, Professor, and Department Chair of Educational Studies and Dr. Penny A. Pasque,
- Engaging “Diversity” in Qualitative Research YouTube Video by Dr. D-L Stewart, Colorado State University
- Interrogating the Etic Perspective in the “New” Focus on Race: What’s a Researcher to Do? by Dr. Rich Milner Vanderbilt University
- Unapologetic Research with Black Women Educational Leaders by Dr. April Peters- Hawkins University of Houston
- Knowing Better to Do Better! Unapologetically Using Critical Perspectives to Inform Research and Practice YouTube Video by Dr. Joy Gaston Gayles NC State University
- Examining the Racialization of Positionality in Research Endeavors by Dr. Mark Gooden Teachers College Columbia University
- An unapologetically engaged approach to racial justice research in schools and communities by Dr. Malik Henfield Loyola University Chicago
Autumn 2020 QualLab Lunch Videos – QualLab Lunches are a series of lunches that offer information about an important qualitative topic such as anti-racist research designs, ethics in ethnographic research, how to obtain grants with a qualitative design, and more. Sessions are often by The Ohio State University faculty and researchers or guests invited to speak with our EHE community.
- Researching the Importance of Black Male Athletes & Activism by Dr. Kwame Agyemang
- Interrogating Whiteness as a Researcher by Dr. Sara M. Childers
- Ethics and Qualitative Research by Dr. Leslie Moore, Dr. Ann Allen, and Dr. Weidong Li
- Researching with Indigenous Methodologies by Dr. Timothy San Pedro.
- Introduction to NVivo by Dave Kolodny (NVivo)
Spring 2021 QualLab Lunch Videos
- Care for Qualitative Scholars working with Traumatized Populations by Dr. Carmen McCallum
- Qualitative Ethics & Working with OSUs IRB by Dr. Leslie Moore & Dr. Jackie Goodway
- Introduction to NVivo by Dr. Rhodesia McMillian
- Grant Funded Research: Strategies to Address the Myth of “They Don’t Fund Qualitative Research by Dr. Kim Lightle & Dr. Penny Pasque
Autumn 2021 QualLab Lunch Videos
- Critical Qualitative Research: Radical & Post-Structural Feminism and the Quest for Gendered Justice by Dr. Erynn Beaton
- Introduction to Transana by Dr. Brian Seistad
QualLab Lunch & Public Videos For NVivo Software Use
- Introduction to NVivo by Dave Kolodny, QSR International.
- NVivo as a Research Tool by Dave Kolodny, QSR International.
- Note: This presentation shows the display from outside the Commons for the first 6:20 then switched to the presenter screen. In other words, audio can be heard, but the slide on the right-hand side will be much more helpful at 6:20, where you can start to view the slides from Dave Kolodny, NVivo. You will need to CLICK ON the right-hand PPT slides and it will blow it up bigger for you.
- NVivo terminology changes.
- QSR’s YouTube Page on using NVivo.
- Video: What more can I do?: An Exploration of Critical Advocacy Research and Decision Points toward Culturally Responsive Research by Dr. Penny A. Pasque
- Note: This webinar presentation is part of the Culturally Responsive Research Webinar Series presented by NVivo & SAGE Publishing.
Dr. Penny Pasque Wexner Medical Center Focus Group 101 Presentation – Video & PPT
- Focus Group 101 Video for Wexner Medical Center Spotlight Session – Dr. Penny A. Pasque
Qualtrics Training Video
Researcher Positionality Statement Training Video
- Researcher Positionality Statement by Megan Leanne