QualLab Lunches provide an excellent forum for world-renowned qualitative researchers to discuss social justice, equity, and innovation-related topics over the duration of a lunch hour. Scroll down to register or to find links to past lunches with award-winning faculty on important qualitative concepts.
QualLab Lunches – Fall 2022 (virtual)
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact QualLab@osu.edu. Requests made 10 days prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the college will make every effort to meet requests made after this date. A captioned recording of this program will be available within 7-10 business days following the event and posted to QualLab’s YouTube channel. Have an idea? Let us know at QualLab@osu.edu.
- Thursday, December 8, noon-1p.m. featuring Dr. Corey Still, Bacone College: Click here to watch.
- Thursday, November 3, noon-1p.m. featuring Dr. Mirka Koro, Arizona State University; Click here to watch.
- Thursday, October 20, noon-1p.m. featuring Dr. Michael W. Moses II, UC Riverside; Click here to watch.
- Thursday, September 15, noon-1p.m.; Featuring Dr. Claudia García-Louis; Click here to watch.
QualLab Lunches – Spring 2022 (virtual)
- Thursday, April 14, 2022, noon-1p.m.; Featuring Dr. Z Nicolazzo; Click here to watch.
- Thursday, March 31, 2022, noon-1pm; Featuring Dr. Kimberly Lightle and Dr. Penny A. Pasque; Click here to watch the recording. Click here to view the grant funding presentation. Click here to view the list of qual-mixed grants by funder.
- Thursday, January 27, 2022, noon-1pm; Dr. Susan Iverson & Dr. Elizabeth Allan on Policy Discourse Analysis from Feminist Poststructural Perspectives. Click here to watch.
QualLab Lunches – Autumn 2021 (virtual)
- Thursday, December 2, noon; – Dr. Nimo Abdi (TL) -The quest for methodology in community engaged research Click here to watch. Click here to view chat text from Dr. Abdi’s talk.
- Wednesday, November 17, noon; Dr. Katherine L Clonan-Roy (Cleveland State University) & Dr. Charlotte Jacobs (University of Pennsylvania) – Intersectionality and Critical Qualitative Perspectives. Click here to watch.
- Thursday, October 6, noon; Dr. Brian Seilstad (Akhawayn University) –Introduction to Transana. Click here to watch.
- Thursday, September 23, noon; Dr. Erynn Beaton (John Glenn College of Public Affairs at The Ohio State University) – Critical Qualitative Research: Radical & Post-Structural Feminism and the Quest for Gendered Justice Click here to watch.
QualLab Lunches – Spring 2021 (virtual)
- Care for Qualitative Scholars working with Traumatized Populations by Dr. Carmen McCallum
- Qualitative Ethics & Working with OSUs IRB by Dr. Leslie Moore & Dr. Jackie Goodway
- Introduction to NVivo by Dr. Rhodesia McMillian
- Grant Funded Research: Strategies to Address the Myth of “They Don’t Fund Qualitative Research by Dr. Kim Lightle & Dr. Penny Pasque
QualLab Lunches – Autumn 202o (virtual)
- Researching the Importance of Black Male Athletes & Activism by Dr. Kwame Agyemang
- Interrogating Whiteness as a Researcher by Dr. Sara M. Childers
- Ethics and Qualitative Research by Dr. Leslie Moore, Dr. Ann Allen, and Dr. Weidong Li
- Researching with Indigenous Methodologies by Dr. Timothy San Pedro.
- Introduction to NVivo by Dave Kolodny (NVivo)
QualLab Lunches – Spring 202o (virtual)