QualLab Lunches provide an excellent forum for world-renowned qualitative researchers to discuss social justice, equity, and innovation-related topics over the duration of a lunch hour. Scroll down to register or to find links to past lunches with award-winning faculty on important qualitative concepts.
Fall 2023 Schedule
Note: All Fall 2023 QualLab Lunches are virtual.
Dr. Jacqueline Mac, Northern Illinois University & SEAAster Scholars Collective
Title: “SEAAster Scholars Collective: Advancing Critical Feminist Refugee Epistemologies in Qualitative Inquiry”
Date: Thursday, October 19, 2023
Time: Noon – 1 PM
Spring 2024 Schedule
Note: All Spring 2024 QualLab Lunches are virtual.
Dr. Harper Keenan, University of British Columbia
Date: Thursday, January 18, 2023
Time: Noon – 1 PM
If you require accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact QualLab@osu.edu. Requests made 10 days prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the college will make every effort to meet requests made after this date. A captioned recording of this program will be available within 7-10 business days following the event and posted to QualLab’s YouTube channel. Have an idea? Let us know at QualLab@osu.edu.
Past QualLab Lunches
Spring 2023 (virtual)
Thursday, March 2, 2023, noon-1 p.m., featuring Dr. Edward St. John, University of Michigan.
Thursday, February 2, 2023, noon-1 p.m. featuring Dr. Venus Evans-Winters, The Ohio State University.
Fall 2022 (virtual)
Thursday, December 8, noon-1 p.m. featuring Dr. Corey Still, Bacone College; Click here to watch.
Spring 2022 (virtual)
Thursday, March 31, 2022, noon-1 pm; Featuring Dr. Kimberly Lightle and Dr. Penny A. Pasque; Click here to watch the recording. Click here to view the grant funding presentation. Click here to view the list of qual-mixed grants by funder.
Fall 2021 (virtual)
Wednesday, November 17, noon; Dr. Katherine L Clonan-Roy (Cleveland State University) & Dr. Charlotte Jacobs (University of Pennsylvania) – Intersectionality and Critical Qualitative Perspectives. Click here to watch.
Thursday, September 23, noon; Dr. Erynn Beaton (John Glenn College of Public Affairs at The Ohio State University) – Critical Qualitative Research: Radical & Post-Structural Feminism and the Quest for Gendered Justice Click here to watch.
Spring 2021 (virtual)
- Care for Qualitative Scholars working with Traumatized Populations by Dr. Carmen McCallum
- Qualitative Ethics & Working with OSUs IRB by Dr. Leslie Moore & Dr. Jackie Goodway
- Introduction to NVivo by Dr. Rhodesia McMillian
- Grant Funded Research: Strategies to Address the Myth of “They Don’t Fund Qualitative Research by Dr. Kim Lightle & Dr. Penny Pasque
Fall 2020 (virtual)
- Researching the Importance of Black Male Athletes & Activism by Dr. Kwame Agyemang
- Interrogating Whiteness as a Researcher by Dr. Sara M. Childers
- Ethics and Qualitative Research by Dr. Leslie Moore, Dr. Ann Allen, and Dr. Weidong Li
- Researching with Indigenous Methodologies by Dr. Timothy San Pedro.
- Introduction to NVivo by Dave Kolodny (NVivo)
Spring 2020 (virtual)