Steps to Take working with the Institutional Review Board & the Office of Responsible Research Practices (ORRP) during a pandemic or anytime.
- The Office of Responsible Research Practices (ORRP) has resumed human subjects research office hours consultations for faculty, students and staff. Appointments for medical or social and behavioral research are currently offered on Thursdays between 1 and 3 p.m. Requests for 30-minute Zoom appointments can be scheduled via the Research Commons website. Please contact Sandra Meadows for more information.
- You can also pick up the phone and call! ORRP is focused on providing a strong customer service experience. Oftentimes minor miscommunications can be clarified through a phone call. Each time a protocol is submitted to our office, the materials will be claimed by an analyst in our office who will work with the researchers to obtain approval. If researchers have questions during the course of the review they should set up a time with the analyst from the Buck-IRB e-mail communications to discuss. A contact list is available.
- If you are conducting research at a K-12 school, you must have all research methods reviewed and approved by your advisor (first!) and the research coordinator (or designated personnel) of the school district before submitting your proposal to IRB. COVID-19 guidelines differ from district to district, making it difficult to apply a single set of standards to all schools. Submission of a letter of support from the school and/or district to conduct research will indicate to the IRB that researchers will be following the local school guidelines.
- Thinking about using digital tools for your data collection? Be sure to check the OSU Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) website to learn more about software that is supported by the university and make sure you are using appropriate security measures to safeguard participant data. The list of software can be found here.
- The RIS Guidelines can be found here.
- The EHE Student Attestation Form can be found here.