*Dr. Pasque welcomes incoming PhD student applicants interested in working with her as advisees to express interest in GRA positions with QualLab (see below) and the Review of Higher Education (opening in 2025, with potential fellowship for fall ’24) in the application statement. Any GRA position is contingent on acceptance to EHE PhD programs. For more information on the Ph.D. program & application process, please see here. If the QualLab GRA position is not filled with incoming Ph.D. students, then it will become open to EHE students after April 15th.
Graduate Research Associate
Percent Appointment: 50%; Position Type: GRA; Appointment Start Date: 08/16/2024
Position Description and Primary Duties
The QualLab, a qualitative research methodology center in the College of Education and Human Ecology, seeks a Graduate Research Associate. The position is a 50% position working in a team environment in 399-341 Ramseyer Hall. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating in an engaging team environment in the Ramseyer Office as well as virtual events
- Conducting consultations on qualitative research designs,
- Consultations may be virtual, but the GRA hours will be conducted in the office.
- Coordinating and tracking consultations,
- Working with team on related internal and external grants,
- Collaborating with the director on major events (i.e., QualLab lunches, Unapologetic Educational Research Series, Advanced Methods Institute),
- Writing of resource guides and expanding website resources,
- Working with the QualLab Graduate Student Board or like events,
- Establishing systems for in-person QualLab operations (i.e., check out of qualitative equipment),
- Following through on administrative responsibilities (i.e., website maintenance, YouTube, marketing, end-of-the-year report), and
- Other duties as assigned.
The Targeted Hiring Range for this position is $2,364.45/month and includes the GRA benefits package as outlined below (August and May checks every year are prorated due to working partial months).
Appointment Dates: August 16, 2024 – August 15, 2025 (approximate, see final EHE contract), with potential for rehire of 12-month appointment for the future.
- Strong writing and research skills;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in qualitative methodologies, data collection, and analysis;
- Strong time management, problem-solving, and communication skills;
- Interest in taking the qualitative coursework in the College of Education and Human Ecology.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and think analytically;
- Attention to detail;
- PhD student in the College of Education and Human Ecology;
- PhD applicant accepted through the 2024 application process and interested in a career as a faculty of qualitative research (content area across any degree program in the college). More information on this process here, with due date of December 1st each year.
- Interested applicants should send a Resume/CV and short cover letter to Dr. Penny A. Pasque (email@example.com), Professor, Educational Studies; Director, Qualitative Methods; Director, QualLab and Mianmian Fei, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Graduate Research Associate.
- Submission deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until December 11, 2023, 5:00pm
GA Benefits Information
In addition to the above-stated compensation, the successful candidate will also receive the following benefits:
- Tuition coverage of instructional, general, and technology fees during eligible semesters;
- Position renewal eligibility. Renewal of funding beyond the initial semester will be based on a combination of performance, availability of funds, need for services, student eligibility, and progress toward degree;
- Subsidized student health insurance for 50% appt. & eligibility to participate in state retirement plan;
- More information and details about the benefits available to Graduate Associates are available on the EHE GA website.