GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
Percent Appointment: 50% Position Type: GRA Appointment Start Date: 08/16/2023
Position Description and Primary Duties
The QualLab, a qualitative research methodology center in the College of Education and Human Ecology, seeks a Graduate Research Associate. The position is a 50% position working in a team environment in 399-341 Ramseyer Hall. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating in an engaging team environment,
- Conducting consultations on qualitative research designs,
- Consultations may be virtual, but the GRA hours will be conducted in the office.
- Coordinating and tracking consultations,
- Working with team on related internal and external grants,
- Collaborating with the director on major events (i.e., QualLab lunches, Unapologetic Educational Research Series, Advanced Methods Institute),
- Writing of resource guides and expanding website resources,
- Working with the QualLab Graduate Student Board,
- Establishing systems for in-person QualLab operations (i.e., check out of qualitative equipment),
- Following through on administrative responsibilities (i.e., website maintenance, YouTube, marketing, endof-the-year report), and
- Other duties as assigned.
The targeted hiring range for this position is $2,364.45/month (August and May checks every year are prorated due to working partial months).
Appointment Dates: August 16, 2023 – August 15, 2024, with potential for rehire of 12-month appointment for the future.
- Required Qualifications
- Strong writing and research skills;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in qualitative methodologies, data collection, and analysis;
- Interest in taking the qualitative coursework in the College of Education and Human Ecology.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and think analytically;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong time management, problem-solving, and written and communication skills;
- PhD student in the College of Education and Human Ecology;
- PhD applicant accepted through the 2023 program and interested in a career as a faculty of qualitative research (content area across any degree program in the college).
- Interested applicants should send a Resume/CV and short cover letter to Dr. Penny A. Pasque, Professor, Educational Studies; Director, Qualitative Methods; Director, QualLab
- At QualLab@osu.edu – Dahianna Ontaneda, office manager, will be collecting materials and can answer questions.
- Submission deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until January 3, 2023, 5:00pm
GA Benefits Information
In addition to the above-stated compensation, the successful candidate will also receive the following benefits:
- Tuition coverage of instructional, general, and technology fees during eligible semesters;
- Position renewal eligibility. Renewal of funding beyond the initial semester will be based on a combination of performance, availability of funds, need for services, student eligibility, and progress toward degree;
- Subsidized student health insurance for 50% appt. & eligibility to participate in state retirement plan;
- More information and details about the benefits available to Graduate Associates are available on the EHE GA website.