What Do We Provide?
We help with questions related to qualitative research. We can help you think through research designs from start to finish or just stick with the basics. Below are a few examples of what we provide in our consultations.
- Talk through the qualitative research design for a grant or dissertation.
- Learn about resources related to the analysis process of qualitative data.
- Explore methods that are congruent with the research design.
At the end of the consultation, we provide you with a summary of the consultation and a list of resources specific to your research of focus.
How To Participate?
Open Consultation Hours (EHE only) are intended for timely feedback and resources related to qualitative research. We invite you to bring specific questions related to your projects. You will meet with our GRA team ranging from one to three consultants. We will schedule an Individual Consultation with you if you need additional support afterward.
- In Spring 2024, the Open Consultation Hours run every two weeks on Wednesday between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. starting on February 7th and ending on April 17th (February 7th, February 21st, March 6th, March 20th, April 3rd, April 17th). EHE students and faculty are invited to join anytime during the 2-hour window using this Zoom link using their osu.edu Zoom account.
Individual Consultations are scheduled as 1-hour virtual meetings and thus intended for more in-depth feedback giving and resource sharing related to qualitative research. You will have a chance to share any relevant documents in advance. You will meet with our GRA team ranging from one to three consultants, or the GRA team plus the Faculty Director, Dr. Penny A. Pasque.
- We strongly encourage you to attend the Open Consultation Hours before requesting an individual consultation.
- To sign up for an Individual Consultation, please complete the Qualtrics Form. Please expect at least one week before the earliest availability.
If you only have some simple questions or are interested in a few references, you can also email us, and we will respond within a week.
Who Is Eligible?
QualLab consultations are available for faculty, postdoctoral fellows, researchers, graduate students, and undergraduate students across all three departments under The Ohio State University’s College of Education and Human Ecology. Those who are currently enrolled in EHE courses are also eligible for consultations.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide external consultation services or to process new contracts for fee-based consultations for clients outside the College of Education & Human Ecology due to staff capacity and a hiring freeze at this time. Please check back in the coming months for updates if you are interested in contracting for consultation services as this may change.