Artifacts

20150924_112232[1]

This is Leia. I first met her about two weeks ago in my Art Scholars class when we were told to pick a partner to complete a photo project. For this project we needed to take a picture of our partner that captures their personality, which is very difficult to manage when you can only use a SINGLE picture. However, I found that she is one of the kindest people I have met on campus and even though we only had a single dinner together, I know that we have a lot in common and will be great friends. The photo that I took embodies how kind and sweet she really is. In this picture Leia is smiling. She is laughing and dancing and just generally enjoying her life and herself, this is amazing in itself because it’s midterms week…I see this picture as depicting her as a relaxed, carefree, confident girl who is not afraid to be herself. Just talking to her for one day I realized and noticed how incredibly kind she is and how absolutely brilliant she is (I mean she’s majoring in neuroscience!). How she puts others first without compromising herself or her own beliefs, and how she knows exactly who she is and that she is happy about it. She knew exactly what to say when the conversation started lacking and she has a way of identifying with whoever she is talking to. She has a way of making you feel comfortable even if you are essentially strangers. Just by talking about the classes she’s taking (Biology to Chemistry) or the TV shows she’s watching (One Tree Hill to Grey’s Anatomy) or the books she’s reading (Sarah Dessen to J.K. Rowling), she is able to connect with basically anyone, and it was truly amazing how easy it was to feel like we had been friends for a long time.