The PROSPER Delivery System was designed so that small and strategic Community Teams would have access to the latest research from university scientists and benefit from the expertise and consistent support of the Extension System. These Teams work closely with local schools to support the positive development of youth and their families and they make sure the programs are sustained over time and consistently delivered with quality.
What are Community Teams?
PROSPER Community Teams start with between eight and ten members, so they are relatively small compared to many community coalitions. These small strategic teams are also different in that they are an active working group, not an advisory committee, led by county-based Extension personnel and co-led by a school district staff member. The School Co-leader works with the Extension Team Leader to facilitate school involvement and ownership, ensure proper implementation of the school-based program, and coordinate team activities.
Team members may include social- and health-service providers, school administrators, parents and youth from the community, and representatives from: faith-based institutions, parent groups, businesses, law enforcement, and the juvenile justice system. Above all, team members should represent the diversity of the community.
What are the goals of PROSPER Community Teams?
Goal 1— Sustain high-quality delivery of evidence-based programming, including:
- Delivering one family and one school evidence-based program from the PROSPER menu
- Monitoring the implementation quality of both programs
- Raising funds and other resources to support programming each year
Goal 2— Build and maintain a productive Community Team including:
- Having members that represent community organizations, agencies, youth & parents
- Building awareness for the PROSPER effort throughout the community
- Building and maintaining strong connections with community stakeholder groups and local champions
Interested in participating on a Community Team in your community? Contact us!