How I chose my path: Operations Management

Image result for operations managementAs you grow up, there is a lot a talk about what job you will have. In school, you go to class, and learn about subjects such as science in history. So, where did I learn about Operation Management?

In truth, I began looking into business not because I knew  what I wanted to do, but because I knew what I did not want to do. I did not want to be in a S.T.E.M. field, I did not want to work with children. That helped me narrow down my search to a few categories. From there, I started researching different business degrees.

As I browsed the internet, trying to decide what would be my future, I came across a list of different careers in business. There was accounting, finance, all the ones I had heard of time and time again. But, I saw something that was unfamiliar to me- supply chain management.

Curious, I delved deeper. There I found a degree that put on the perfect path for what I wanted in the future. It was analytical, but it also dealt with people. It was a field that thrived off of innovation and technology. Most importantly, it was a field that held hundreds of distinct jobs with different responsibilities. I was instantly hooked.

The more I learn about Operations Management, the happier I become with my career choice. I know its strange to be so sure, even before starting college, but I know through Ohio State and Fisher, I’ll be able to find a job that I love.