OSU Leadership Center and Community Development in Medina County Extension hosted Wednesday webinars during March 2022 with the theme of Wonder Woman Wednesday. This page shares the resources from the Wednesday, March 30th session.
Sign up TODAY: Join the OSU Extension Live Healthy Live Well 6-week email challenge. The spring 2022 challenge focuses on the dimension of health and wellness. Look for your county here or sign up with the state option or with Patrice in Lucas County.
Want to learn more about your local Ohio State University Extension? Locate an office here: https://extension.osu.edu/lao
Looking for free mindfulness practices? Try the OSU Wexner Medical Center Mindfulness Practices https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/integrative-complementary-medicine/resources/mindfulness-practices
Considering an app for your mindfulness journey? https://osuhealthplan.com/sites/default/files/2020-09/meditation-apps.pdf
Please don’t delay in seeking additional care for mental wellness. If you have any questions please use:
- Ohio CareLine https://mha.ohio.gov/get-help/get-help-now/ohio-careline. 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week: Call 1-800-720-9616.
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline. 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week: 1-800-662-HELP (4357). Also visit the online treatment locator, or send your zipcode via text message: 435748 (HELP4U) to find help near you.
Set Your Intention for the day 3-Minute Mindful Practice To Start Your Day (2016) by Hillary Wright at Mind Body Green
In week #4 of Wonder Women Wednesday on careers, the presenter shared the J Flowers Health Institute Wellness Wheel Worksheet https://2w5y7415e67d1ns5kb10c0n3-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/jflowershealth.com_wellness_wheel_worksheet-1.pdf
List of books related to mindfulness: https://u.osu.edu/powers-barker.1/2021/12/15/on-the-bookshelf-mindfulness/
Short 3 minute video: Why Mindfulness is a Superpower, narrated by Dan Harris, Animation by Katy Davis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6T02g5hnT4
Descriptions of mindfulness used in the presentation: surfing, puppy and leash, computer with too many tabs open, car in neutral, pause, space
Blog post Spilt Milk – To Cry or Not to Cry – Patrice’s mindfulness journey
OSU Extension, Educational Resources across the lifespan:
- 4H Superhero You project book https://extensionpubs.osu.edu/superhero-you/
- 4H 359 Your Thoughts Matter, Navigating Mental Health project book https://extensionpubs.osu.edu/your-thoughts-matter-navigating-mental-health/
- Mindful Wellness, OSU Extension, Family and Consumer Sciences program https://go.osu.edu/mindfulwellness
- Sign-up NOW! Live Healthy Live Well email challenge – 6 weeks, dimensions of wellness, free, open to any adult. https://livehealthyosu.com/tag/email-challenge/
If you have any additional questions or want to share about your mindfulness journey, please contact Patrice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishop, S.R., Lau, M., Shapiro, S., Carlson, L., Anderson, N.D., Carmody, J., Degal, Z.V., Abbey, S., Speca, M., Velting, D., & Devins, G. (2004) Mindfulness: A proposed operational definition. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, 11, 230-241.
Martin, W. (2009). The Parent’s Tao Te Ching: Ancient Advice for Modern Parents. Hachette Book Group. New York: NY
Powers-Barker, P., Carter, S., and Worthington, T. (2019). OSU Extension Publications. https://extensionpubs.osu.edu/mindful-wellness/
Why Mindfulness is a Superpower: An Animation (n.d.). Happify. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6T02g5hnT4
Wickham, J. (2015, February 16). Mindfulness and our mental health. Mayo Clinic Health System. Retrieved from http://mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/mindfulness-and-our-mental-health