The 2023 NEAFCS (National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences) Annual Session, “Exploring Oceans of Opportunities” is September 11-14, 2023 in Providence, RI.
A team of OSU Extension, FCS colleagues are pleased to present “Navigating an Ocean of Opportunities and a Call to Action: Using National Resources for Local Benefits”.
This list serves as a virtual handout for participants:
- PowerPoint Presentation Navigating an Ocean of Opportunities presentation 2023
- 8 page summary handout: Highlight of (national) Resources to Promote FCS for the county Extension staff
- Handout Power of One FCCLA Planning Process
- Handout Action plan for enriching FCS work using a national resource
- References (listed below)
Thank you participants for sharing information on What national resources do you use to inform your work?
Names and Emails for Presenters – OSU Extension Educators, Family and Consumer Sciences (in order of photo)
- Patrice Powers-Barker, Lucas County, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Stefura, Mahoning County, email@example.com
- Margaret Jenkins, Clermont County, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heather Reister, Butler County, email@example.com
- Marie Economos, Trumbull County, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa J. Rupp, Fulton County, email@example.com
- Sandra Slater, Lake County, firstname.lastname@example.org (on work team, not in person at conference)
March is Living Well Month (2023). National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences. https://www.neafcs.org/living-well-month-campaign
McGregor, S. L. T. (2022). Justifying Home Economics: Fight the right war. International Journal of Home Economics, 15(2), 33-45.
Monk, J. K., Bordere, T., & Benson, J., (2021). Emerging Ideas. Advancing Family Science Through Public Scholarship: Fostering Community Relationships and Engaging in Broader Impacts. Family Relations. 70:1612-1625
National Partnership to Recruit, Prepare, and Support FCS Educators. (2022). https://www.fcsed.net/home
Nickols, S., Ralston, P., Anderson, C., Browne, L., Schroeder, G., Thomas, S., & Wild, P. (2009). The Family and Consumer Sciences Body of Knowledge and the Cultural Kaleidoscope: Research Opportunities and Challenges. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, vol. 37, No. 3: 266-283.
Scheer, S. D. (2021). Introducing the Human Development-EcoLogic Model: A Practical Approach for Outreach and Extension Education Programs. The Journal of Extension, 58(2), Article 29. https://tigerprints.clemson.edu/joe/vol58/iss2/29