The following books are listed in the OSU Extension Mindful Wellness reference page:
- Bays, J. C. (2011). How to train a Wild Elephant & Other Adventures in Mindfulness. Boulder, CO: Shambhala Publications, Inc.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (2016). Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment―and Your Life. Boulder, CO: Sounds True Inc.
- Kornfield, J. (2008). Meditation for Beginners. Boulder, CO: Sounds True Inc.
- Nhat Hanh, T. (2011). Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness With Children. Berkeley, CA: Parallax Press.
- Ryan, T. (2012). A Mindful Nation: How a Simple Practice Can Help Us Reduce Stress, Improve Performance, and Recapture the American Spirit. Carlsbad, CA: Hay House Inc.
- Siegel, D. J., (2011) The Whole Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind. New York, NY: Dalacorte Press.
- Siegel, D. & Bryson, T. (2016). No Drama Discipline: The Whole Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Brain. New York, NY: Bantam Books.
- Sood, A. (2013). The Mayo Clinic Guide to Stress-Free Living. Boston, MA: Da Capo Press.
Also on the bookshelf:
- A Still Quiet Place for Athletes: Mindfulness Skills for Achieving Peak Performance & Finding Flow in Sports & Life by Amy Saltzman, MD
- Mindfulness: A Practical Guide by Mark Williams and Danny Penman
- Practicing Mindfulness: 75 Essential Meditations to Reduce Stress, Improve Mental Health, and Find Peace in the Everyday by Matthew Socklov
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff
- 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in my Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help that Actually Works – A True Story by Dan Harris
- The Little Book of Mindfulness: 10 Minutes a Day to Less Stress, More Peace by Dr. Patrizia Collard
- The Mindfulness Revolution: Leading Psychologists, Scientists, Artists, and Meditation Teachers on the Power of Mindfulness in Daily Life by Barry Boyce
- Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn
Children’s Books related to mindful themes
- A Handful of Quiet, Happiness in Four Pebbles by Thich Nhat Hanh and illustrated by Wietske Vriezen
- A Quiet Place by Douglas Wood and illustrated by Dan Andreasen
- Breath Like a Bear by Kira Willey and illustrated by Anni Betts
- Charlotte and the Quiet Place by Deborah Sosin and illustrated by Sarah Woolley
- Don’t Worry Bear by author and illustrator Greg Foley
- Here and Now by author Julia Denos and illustrated by E.B. Goodale
- I Am Peace, A Book of Mindfulness by Susan Verde and illustrated by Peter Reynolds
- I Am Enough by Grace Byers and illustrated by Keturah A. Bobo
- Jonathan James and the Whatif Monster by author and illustrator Michelle Nelson-Schmidt
- Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda by Lauren Alderfer and illustrated by Kerry MacLean
- Most People by Michael Leannah and illustrated by Jennifer E. Morris
- Puppy Mind by Andrew Jordan Nance and illustrated by Jim Durk
- The Color Monster by author and illustrator Anna Llena
Book recommendations by others (lists):
- Greater Good Magazine, Our Favorite Books of 2021
- School Library Journal recommends 18 Books to Inspire Mindfulness and Meditation for the Whole Family, Summer 2021
- 8 recommendations from New York Public Librarian Books on Mindfulness and Meditation
- Mindfulness & Thankfulness from the Toledo Lucas Public Library