For a link to both infographics, (Family Life Education Framework: Across the Lifespan and Family Life Education Methodology: The Planning Wheel) please visit FLE Infographics
Introduction to Family Life Education (FLE) Infographics
The Family Life Education (FLE) Framework has successfully guided program development, delivery, and assessment. In an effort to help make the FLE Framework approachable for students and professionals, a team of Certified Family Life Education (CFLE) practitioners have designed two infographics. The goal is to share the value and content of the conceptual model in a way that FLE students and professionals can easily access, view, and implement FLE methodology in their classroom assignments. These infographics are designed to complement, not replace the National Council on Family Relations’ current FLE Framework materials.
In 2015, a small group of Family Life Educators in OSU Extension (all members of the National Council of Family Relations and actively working on certification and recertification for family life education) met to better understand, utilize and share the resources of our field of study and our professional organizations. The National Council of Family Relations (NCFR) is the premier professional association for the multidisciplinary understanding of families. Although the NCFR’s Family Life Education (FLE) Framework undoubtedly complements the work of Family and Consumer Sciences, we also encourage our Extension colleagues in other program areas to recognize themselves as Family Life Educators. As Extension staff, we all have the same goals of sharing research-based information in the community, utilizing best practices for presenting that content and helping improve the lives of Ohioans.
What Is Human Ecology? Dr. Cheryl Achterberg, Scholar in Nutritional Development, Dean of The Ohio State University College of Education and Human Ecology.
For more information including a link to both infographics, (Family Life Education Framework: Across the Lifespan and Family Life Education Methodology: The Planning Wheel) please visit We welcome your input on two new infographics related to Family Life Education
Family Life Education Methodology, Family Life Education Methodology Planning Wheel
Handout, Family Life Educator Content Areas, Worksheet for Family and Consumer Sciences Examples
- Using FLE Infographics to Develop Family Programming from Beginning to End. 2017 Ohio Council on Family Relations Webinar. February 23, 2017. FLE Infographics PowerPoint Recording will be posted in the future.
- Using Family Life Education Methodology in Extension for Strong Family and Consumer Science Programming. 2015 Annual Session of National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Science November 3, 2015 at The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, WV. NEAFCS 2015 Power Point Presentation
- Using Family Life Education Methodology: The Planning Wheel in Family and Consumer Sciences, Poster Presentation at 2015 All FCS Programs Conference October 14 at the OSU Ohio Union, Columbus, OH. FLE Planning Wheel Poster Presentation
Please contact us with any questions, ideas or comments on how you have used Family Life Education Methodology in your work.
- Carmen Irving, Carmen@mhrbuc.org
- Jackie Kirby Wilkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie LaPlant, email@example.com
- Patrice Powers-Barker, firstname.lastname@example.org