Artifacts

This picture is the company logo of Skylight Financial, a financial services company based out of Cleveland, Ohio.  The company’s CEO, Paul Fox, came to speak at a meeting of the Common Cents Investments Group, a Fisher organization.

Mr.Fox t0ld us about his life as an Irish immigrant. He came to this country to find work and eventually decided on the financial services field.  He spoke about what it takes to start out in the financial services sector of business.  He discussed how you start with no clients and you have to sell yourself to others.  Financial services is tricky to gain a foot-hold in because it’s a business of making connections, so he talked about what it takes to do well starting out.  Some main points he stressed were regarding attitude, persistence and building not only professional relationships, but personal ones as well.

Mr. Fox informed us concerning how to treat people in business.  He stressed that making personal connections with clients was what drove his business.  I have considered working in financial services as a career choice, so if I do go this route, I will remember what Mr. Fox said about what it takes to succeed in this line of work.