For more information, please visit the Homepage of the Postdoctoral Advisory Council!
With the purpose of promoting the career development of the more than 700 Ohio State’s postdoctoral scholars, a Postdoc Advisory Council (PAC) has been established to serve as the implementation team for postdoctoral programming. The PAC’s functions include:
- Facilitate an orientation program (two times/year) for all newly hired postdoctoral scholars.
- Host a series of workshops on topics of mutual interest to the broader postdoc community, e.g., alternative careers with industry, preparing for an academic career search, scholarship and academic writing, etc.
- Facilitate the recruitment and funding of up to four postdoctoral representatives to the annual National Postdoctoral Association meeting.
- Maintain Ohio State’s sustaining membership in the National Postdoctoral Association.
The PAC Representatives are:
- J. Marcela Hernandez – College of Arts and Sciences
- Kim Lightle – College of Education and Human Ecology
- La’Tonia Stiner-Jones – College of Engineering
- Lori Kaser – College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Erica Kennedy – College of Medicine
- Kathy Froilan – College of Veterinary Medicine
- Jeff Agnoli – Office of Research (All of other Colleges)
The PAC Faculty Advisors are:
- Keith Slotkin – Department of Molecular Genetics
- Noah Weisleder – Department of Physiology and Cell Biology
The PAC Postdoctoral Representative is:
- April Joice – Ohio State Postdoctoral Association
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact either PAC Faculty Advisor or the PAC representative for your college.
The funding for this initiative was provided by the Office of Research, the Graduate School, the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Medicine, the College of Engineering, the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, the College of Dentistry, the College of Education and Human Ecology, the College of Public Health, and the College of Veterinary Medicine.