The 4-H Camp Counselors are a group of 4-H teens selected to assist in being responsible for campers ages 8-14 during 4-H camp. As a result of participation, counselors will develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and aspirations needed for adult success, and the Mahoning and Portage County 4-H program will be strengthened and expanded.
- Must be at least 16 years old by July 9th.
- Must be able to get transportation to meetings and events as needed.
- Must complete a minimum of 24 hours of training.
- Must complete Child Abuse Awareness training.
- Must Sign Standards of Behaviors, complete the Code of Conduct form, and have a current Ohio 4-H Health History form on file.
- First time applicants must provide two references.
- If the individual is 18+ year old at least two months prior to camp, the individual must have their background check conducted.
TRAINING TIMELINE: camp-counselor-training-timeline
OHIO 4-H HEALTH FORM (required): ohio-4-h-health-form