Hello 4-H teens!
Ohio 4-H is seeking input from you to help us design virtual programming that would be specific to ages 13-19. We know that during a time of distance learning and modified 4-H programs, that there are many new opportunities to explore! With your feedback to a short survey, Ohio 4-H intends to use your thoughts and ideas in offering more teen-specific programs that can be accessed virtually!
Please visit the link below and respond to the survey questions by October 16 to have your feedback shared! If you received this survey from another source, you are only asked to complete it once. Thank you in advance for taking a few moments to complete this survey!
Have you ever felt sad or withdrawn, experienced severe mood swings, or had difficulty concentrating? These can be warnings signs to alert you that there may be an issue with your mental health. 1 in 5 children ages 13-18 have, or will have a serious mental illness. You are not alone! There is HOPE and recovery is possible!
The 4-H Camp Counselors are a group of 4-H teens selected to assist in being responsible for campers ages 8-14 during 4-H camp. As a result of participation, counselors will develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and aspirations needed for adult success, and the Mahoning and Portage County 4-H program will be strengthened and expanded.
- Must be at least 16 years old by July 9th.
- Must be able to get transportation to meetings and events as needed.
- Must complete a minimum of 24 hours of training.
- Must complete Child Abuse Awareness training.
- Must Sign Standards of Behaviors, complete the Code of Conduct form, and have a current Ohio 4-H Health History form on file.
- First time applicants must provide two references.
- If the individual is 18+ year old at least two months prior to camp, the individual must have their background check conducted.
TRAINING TIMELINE: camp-counselor-training-timeline
OHIO 4-H HEALTH FORM (required): ohio-4-h-health-form