Portage County Junior Fair Market Livestock Sale Exhibitor Scholarship
This Scholarship was created through the donations of animals for resale/flooring at the Portage County Randolph Fair’s Market Livestock auction. The Sale Committee has formed a scholarship fund to benefit market animal exhibitors. High School Seniors and recent High School Graduates can apply to receive this scholarship only four (4) times beginning with the Class of 2000. The amount of the scholarship will depend on the amount of dollars from previous year’s sale scholarship designated funds, contributions and the number of applicants.
- Applicants MUST have participated in the Junior Fair Market Livestock Auction at the Portage County Randolph Fair.
- The applications MUST be received at the Portage County Randolph Fair Office by June 15th.
- Applicants MUST have at least a 2.25 accumulative GPA or above to receive the Scholarship and be enrolled/accepted at an accredited college or technical school.
Once awarded the scholarship: you MUST present a copy of a receipt/statement of account as proof of enrollment from the accredited college or technical school. No money will be distributed until proof is submitted to the Sale Committee Treasurer. NO checks will be issued before September 15th. All receipts MUST be turned in for reimbursement by December 31st of the year in which the scholarship was granted.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUST BE COMPLETED (A-C) &TURNED IN BY THE DEADLINE:
Cell__________________ Home__________________ H.S. & Year of Graduation________________
College attending or been accepted into__________________________________________________
Most recent GPA (College or High School) ________ College Major or Intended Major______________
Years Participated in Jr. Fair Market Livestock Auction_______ # Years Applied______# Years Awarded_______
- ACTIVITIES, ESSAY, NEED
The following information must be attached on a separate page(s).
- List of activities and involvement in Junior Fair.
- List activities and involvement with community and school organizations.
- Discuss the advantages, opportunities, and learning experience that you received by exhibiting a market animal at the county fair. (approximately 150-200 words)
- Discuss your financial need for this scholarship. Include other financial aid, grants or scholarships awarded, and future educational plans. (approximately 50 words)
- MUST ALSO ATTACH
- Most recent (Spring or Final HS of current year) accumulative grade card/report card (College or High School)
- The Personal Recommendation Form (in a sealed envelope from the person writing the recommendation) NOTE: The Personal Recommendation should NOT be written by a relative.
I,___________________________attest that all information included in this Portage County Junior Fair Market Livestock Sale Exhibitor Scholarship is accurate and I make no false representation of myself. I know that if any information is found false, it will be at the discretion of the Portage County Sale Committee’s Sub-committee for this Scholarship to be removed and not included in the competition.
(If applicant under 18) the Parent/Guardian of ____________________ attest that all information included in this Portage County Junior Fair Market Livestock Sale Scholarship application is accurate and the applicant makes no false representation of themselves. I know that if any information is found false, it will be at the discretion of the Portage County Sale Committee’s Sub-committee for this Scholarship to be removed and not included in the competition. 2020
Personal Recommendation Form
The following information is needed to help the Scholarship Committee learn more about the individual that is applying for the Portage County Junior Fair Market Livestock Sale Exhibitor Scholarship.
Your Name______________________________ Applicant’s Name_____________________________
Community or School/College Organization or Club/Group you are involved in ____________________
Years you have known this individual _______ If applicable, Years as an advisor ________________
In what capacity have you worked with this individual and how well did they work during that time?
Do you know of any violation to the Portage County Fair Board’s Code of Conduct from this individual, if applicable? _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Does this individual work well with others? (Explain)
Have you seen this individual mentor others and help them throughout the year? (Explain)
Attach any additional information you wish to add!
Please return this form to the Portage County Livestock Sale Committee P.O. Box 213 Randolph, Ohio 44265
By deadline of June 15th 2020