Portage & Mahoning County 4-H Camp is July 8 – 14, 2018. Open to all youth ages 8-13. The theme is “Camping Through Time”!
You can register online or download the forms at: 4hcampwhitewood.com
Here is a flyer you can share (campers don’t have to be in 4-H to attend) Camp Whitewood Brochure- Portage and Mahoning
Camperships are available this year. Please fill out this form and return to the Extension office. Campership Application 2018
*Please note this is not the same as registering for camp. Use the link above to register with your deposit to secure your place at camp.
Cloverbud camp will be Wednesday, July 11 and the theme of the day is Wild West Whitewood. cloverbud day flyer 2018
Camp Counselor Training and Application now available:
The 4-H Camp Counselors are a group of 4-H teens selected to assist in being responsible for campers ages 8-14 during 4-H camp. As a result of participation, counselors will develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and aspirations needed for adult success, and the Mahoning and Portage County 4-H program will be strengthened and expanded.
- Must be at least 16 years old by July 9th.
- Must be able to get transportation to meetings and events as needed.
- Must complete a minimum of 24 hours of training.
- Must complete Child Abuse Awareness training.
- Must Sign Standards of Behaviors, complete the Code of Conduct form, and have a current Ohio 4-H Health History form on file.
- First time applicants must provide two references.
- If the individual is 18+ year old at least two months prior to camp, the individual must have their background check conducted.
TRAINING TIMELINE: camp-counselor-training-timeline
OHIO 4-H HEALTH FORM (required): ohio-4-h-health-form