Attention Portage County:
This information can be used to prepare for County level judging. County level judging is required in order to be selected for the below statewide judging. This information will be included in a state fair packet when you are selected as a delegate for state.
Life skills Grade Day – July 17th at Fair
- Food and nutrition from 9-12pm
- All other Life skills is 1pm-4pm
- Awards at 6pm (Information will be sent out at a later date, depending on the current restrictions)
Sewing Grade Day and Style Revue – July 22nd at Fair
- Judging – 12-4pm
- Style Revue at 7pm (Information will be sent out at a later date, depending on the current restrictions)
Sign-up for grade day judging’s will be sent by the end of June!
Statewide level 4-H project evaluation for 2021 will look different than it has in the past. Once 4-H members have completed their judging, they are encouraged to return home or visit sites of interest around Columbus. There won’t be anything to see at the state fairgrounds.
Based on current guidelines, we are sharing the following information as part of the State Fair 4-H Guidebook:
- Masks must be worn and social distancing will be maintained.
- One parent may accompany each participant.
- Parents will have a designated seating area.
- Participants should only bring what they (member) can carry in; a poster or notebook can be used to depict large items.
- All youth will receive a participation ribbon. Awards (Outstanding of the Day and Clock Trophies) will be announced at a later date.
- If youth have been ill in the 24 hours preceding their judging or exposed to someone with COVID, contact Sally McClaskey (firstname.lastname@example.org) before their judging day to make alternate judging arrangements.
We will not be holding an award ceremony as we have had in the past at the conclusion of each day’s judging activities. Winners will be announced but no ribbons/trophies will be handed out during the state fair. We understand that the wearing of masks is a moving target and seems to change daily. Your patience is requested as we work through all the details.
All Portage County Participates will be scheduled for 2:30pm on their day at state fair.