Giulitto Farms Market is looking for an older teen/adult with a driver’s license to work in the market. They are located at 4052 Lake Rockwell Rd in Ravenna.
For more information and details on the position, please call Jack Giulitto at 330-819-1724
A link to the 2021 Ohio State Fair 4-H Poultry Judging Contest Rules and Ohio State Fair 4-H Avian Contest Rules are posted on the Poultry Calendar of Events page at:
https://ohio4h.org/animalsciences/poultry/poultry-calendar-events or www.poultry.osu.edu.
The postmark deadline for entries for both the Poultry Judging Contest and Avian Bowl is Friday, June 25. Both contests will be held at the Department of Animal Sciences on Saturday, July 17.
Please be aware that although the state of Ohio is currently scheduled to lift several COVID-19 restrictions at the beginning of June, The Ohio State University, and therefore Ohio 4-H, may still mandate restrictions.
- For the 2021 Avian Bowl and Poultry Judging Contests, unless announced otherwise, everyone (contestants, volunteers, advisors, family members, officials, etc.) will be required to wear a mask when in the contest rooms or walking around the building (to/from contest rooms, to/from the restroom, etc.). All teams will have assigned areas to maintain social distancing where they may take their masks off when seated in their assigned area.
- Failure to abide by these guidelines will result in the disqualification of the entire team.
We may also restrict the number of individuals allowed into the building per team (i.e. only 6 individuals per team (including the contestants, coach, and any family members). This will depend on the number of teams per age division that register for the contest. This information will be updated and emailed to coaches after registration is closed.
Everything Under the Sun 4-H Club has been working with a non profit organization- Rural Relief Mobile Food Pantry, as a community service project. Rural Relief is associated with the Akron Food Bank but are servicing areas in Portage county and currently have 3 distribution sites scheduled but are working on more sites. They have free food give away.
In May, Everything Under the Sun collected Toothpaste and toothbrushes. In June they are collecting soap and feminine hygiene products. Once they have more distribution sites Everything Under the Sun planning to volunteer time to help pack bags when needed.
Here is a picture from their May club meeting. RRMFP came and explained their mission and community need to the club members and were given the May donations that the club collected.
A new job can be exciting! It’s important to understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee.
These are refrigerator pickles that after lidding can be eaten after four hours in the brine. Can store in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
Farm in Portage County looking for help putting up hay.
5 minutes from the Portage County Randolph Fairgrounds.
Pays $12 an hour cash on the same day as you work.
For more information contact Christopher Stone 216-789-1563.
The King & Queen application and information:
Application – Word
Application – PDF
Attention Portage County:
This information can be used to prepare for County level judging. County level judging is required in order to be selected for the below statewide judging. This information will be included in a state fair packet when you are selected as a delegate for state.
Life skills Grade Day – July 17th at Fair
- Food and nutrition from 9-12pm
- All other Life skills is 1pm-4pm
- Awards at 6pm (Information will be sent out at a later date, depending on the current restrictions)
Sewing Grade Day and Style Revue – July 22nd at Fair
- Judging – 12-4pm
- Style Revue at 7pm (Information will be sent out at a later date, depending on the current restrictions)
Sign-up for grade day judging’s will be sent by the end of June!
Statewide level 4-H project evaluation for 2021 will look different than it has in the past. Once 4-H members have completed their judging, they are encouraged to return home or visit sites of interest around Columbus. There won’t be anything to see at the state fairgrounds.
Based on current guidelines, we are sharing the following information as part of the State Fair 4-H Guidebook:
- Masks must be worn and social distancing will be maintained.
- One parent may accompany each participant.
- Parents will have a designated seating area.
- Participants should only bring what they (member) can carry in; a poster or notebook can be used to depict large items.
- All youth will receive a participation ribbon. Awards (Outstanding of the Day and Clock Trophies) will be announced at a later date.
- If youth have been ill in the 24 hours preceding their judging or exposed to someone with COVID, contact Sally McClaskey (email@example.com) before their judging day to make alternate judging arrangements.
We will not be holding an award ceremony as we have had in the past at the conclusion of each day’s judging activities. Winners will be announced but no ribbons/trophies will be handed out during the state fair. We understand that the wearing of masks is a moving target and seems to change daily. Your patience is requested as we work through all the details.
All Portage County Participates will be scheduled for 2:30pm on their day at state fair.