Join Izzi from TLC on March 25th from 6-7pm as she talks to Portage County about Service Learning!
Join Zoom Meeting
Or call in: +1-646-876-9923
Meeting ID: 985 6247 5897
Register today to join the virtual celebration of Portage County volunteer and youth award winners!
Don’t forget to register for the Ohio 4-H Virtual Conference!
Registration deadline is tomorrow – Feb 12th by 5pm:
Quality Assurance is still being decided on for 2021. We know many of you are curious about what to expect for this year – so here are a few updates that we know so far:
- Quality Assurance will be due by June 1st for 2021 (ODA rule)
- We will have multiple options available (Online, in-person, etc.)
- We will know more around the first week of March and will send out an update with our plans.
Thank you for your patience as we plan for this year!
Permission to Participate forms are now collected virtually through 4-H Online 2.0! This will help cut down on collecting forms for club advisors with these projects. Once a youth member signs up for one of these projects, they will be walked through the extra forms to sign off.
Advisors – you do not need to collect hard copies of these forms anymore!
This year, our 4-H window decorating and promotion will take place during Ohio 4-H Week March 7-13th. Your club can participate in a few ways to get information out about our program and how to join!
- Promote 4-H by
- decorating a business window,
- setting up a 4-H display in a school,
- promoting 4-H with posters/signs in the community,
- or promoting 4-H in your own yard!
*You must get permission from the location to set-up and you must also tear it down/clean up at the end of the week (or as long as the location allows).
- Send a picture to the Extension office of your 4-H promotion in the County. Also include the name and location address of the business/school you are promoting by March 6th at 11:59 pm.
- Participating clubs will be able to count this in their 2022 Honor Club Application.
The Honor Club application is now available as the March 1st deadline is quickly approaching. Please see the application for more information or contact the office with questions. You can return either by email or mail.
You can find the documents on our website here:
https://portage.osu.edu/sites/portage/files/imce/Honor Club Application.pdf
EquiSTEP is now open for enrollment! Participants will be able to self-enroll in the course on ScarletCanvas this year using the following link:
Although ScarletCanvas will not allow participants to identify their county when they enroll in a course, a Qualtrics survey is included as part of the course to record the participant’s county and send both the participant and the respective county 4-H professional an email certificate of completion.