4-H Partnership Program – 2017
The Ohio State Beekeepers Association supports new young beekeepers though our 4H Partnership Program. We realize that the success of a new beekeeper is not reliant on the work of the student and money alone but by the effort of the partnership. Thus the 4H Partnership Program encourages participation of the guardian, 4-H adviser, local association and mentor.
The number of scholarships available per year will vary based on the amount of available funds and donations. The number will be posted each year on the OSBA website. For 2017 there are 5 scholarships available. (Application here: 4hpartnershipprogram2017)
- Youth must be between the ages of 12 and 18 by January 1st of the current year of the scholarship.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a public or private school, or home schooled.
- Must be a current member of 4-H
- Applicant must complete and return all paperwork, including permission and agreement form signed by parent or guardian. The application with supporting documents, as well as the waiver/binder form must be received by the Program Coordinator between October 1, 2016 through November 21, 2016.
- After all applications have been received; a selection committee will carefully consider each one and select finalists.
- Finalists and/or their mentors may be contacted for a phone interview.
- The 4H Beekeeping Partnership Program Scholars will be announced by January 6, 2017.
- Selection by the committee is final.