Strategic Life Plan

My time in the Health Science Scholars seminar has taught me many lessons which aided me in the development of my plans for the future. Through an analysis of my vision for the rest of my life, the FOCUS assessment, my personal health and wellness, visiting office hours, researching majors, and interviewing an upperclassman I have formulated goals for my future academically, professionally, and personally. In analyzing the future I want to attain I realized many important qualities I need within my future. I reaffirmed my desire to have a large family and a career in the medical field. Additionally, I noted the importance that volunteering with the Special Olympics and MDA carries in my life and committed to continuing to work with them. To help determine what specific occupation I want to peruse, I completed the FOCUS assessment. This quiz distinguished my most influence qualities as helping others and asking questions. These qualities cause me to lean toward a profession performing medical diagnostics. After further investigating potential majors, I have declared a pre-neuroscience major with Psychology as a backup major to help me reach this career goal. In taking advantage of resources on campus, I also learned that I need to ask for personal and academic help more frequently in order to succeed. My tendency to take on too much has been clear this semester which I hope to improve on. Finally, I will use the knowledge I gained from interviewing an upper classman and formulating my resume to shape my academic career. My resume revealed my areas of strength professionally, while the interview showed an exemplary path to academic and professional success which will guide me in finding my own success. I am very grateful for the opportunities HSS granted which led to these realizations.

-MDA Muscle Walk at the Shoe

1966812_10201252654672299_731791042_n

Ohio State

Special Olympics State Event

11692582_10203778305051980_8345328380335224778_n 429137_10101261676577054_1488129378_n