Graduate education at the Ohio State University utilizes both on campus and online coursework. In the College of Nursing we also have specific technologies used in the clinical setting which requires the use of a smart phone or mobile device.
- Our online Learning Management System (LMS) is called Carmen, and can be accessed at carmen.osu.edu. If you have any questions about using Carmen, please refer to the Carmen Resource Center.
- If you participate in any online courses, you may also utilize Zoom (aka CarmenZoom) for video conferencing. Resources for Zoom can be found on the ODEE CarmenZoom Resource Center.
- An additional technology that may be utilized is Voice Thread. Watch an overview video here.
- Students are expected to have a computer meeting minimum technology requirements in order to participate classes. You will find the technology requirements linked below in the nursing student technology services site.
- Finally, the College of Nursing maintains an intranet, called the StudentWeb, which houses helpful information you may need as a student. Access for the student web will be set up for all new students the week prior to classes starting in the fall. Login information can be found on the nursing student technology services below.
Ohio State Email
Please review the videos below to better understand the different email boxes available to students at Ohio State. These videos can help you navigate the best way to manage your Ohio State email based on your specific circumstances so you can receive important messages from the university, College of Nursing, and your instructors.
Questions regarding technology can be sent to our Information Technology team at Con-S-Help@osu.edu.