It’s early December, and you know what that means…. Finals Week!! All across campus, students are preparing for exams before enjoying a well-deserved break. As lectures wind down, finals week activities are ramping up! The University and the College of Pharmacy are hosting a variety of events to ensure students finish the semester strong. Here’s a glimpse at a few:
- Extended library hours: all across campus libraries are opening earlier and closing later!
- Did you know we have our own pharmacy library in addition to the health sciences library shared with our other Colleges?
- Reading Day: Reading Day takes place between the last day of lecture and the first day of finals week. It’s scheduled time by the University for students to study, prepare, and recharge before the final push to the end of the year. From sun-up to sun-down, there are a variety of things taking place this day to aid in student studying like…
- Free Breakfast at the Ohio Union – eggs and bacon! YUM!
- Special Group Fitness Classes at the campus rec center, the RPAC
- Therapy dogs in libraries across campus
- Mindfulness sessions with Counseling and Consultation Services
- Rejuvenation sessions with folks from Aveda Hair Salon and Spa
- End-of-The-Year Celebrations
- Healthy Potluck by the College of Pharmacy Wellness Ambassadors
- Yoga with the Student National Pharmacists Association (SNPhA)
- Annual College of Pharmacy canned food drive
- Cookie decorating social with the American society of Consulting Pharmacists (ASCP)
- And more!
As you can see, Finals Week is pretty busy for pharmacy students here at OSU, but it’s not all about the books! This is actually one of my favorite weeks of the year because we have no lecture to attend, only a handful of exams to study for, and there are opportunities to take fun study breaks in a variety of ways!
Best of luck to everyone studying for exams! Enjoy a safe and happy holiday season!