I’m so excited to introduce myself as one of your four Student Ambassador Coordinators! This is my second year being a Coordinator, and I look forward to everything that will come this year.
My name is Sarah and I am a P3. I am originally from the wonderful state of Arizona. Moving here was a very big transition for me, and so I can relate to many of you incoming P1s that come from a different state. In a small effort to relieve any stress you may have, I’d like to let you know that I am 100% happy with my decision to come to The Ohio State University for my PharmD, and I am so confident that you will be too. It was the best decision I could have made, and I am so fortunate to have all the opportunities for preceptors, colleagues, work, volunteering, and leadership.
Why pharmacy? Well, there are many, many reasons. The two main reasons is that I love science and math and I love helping people. Pharmacy blends these two together perfectly (in my opinion). What really reinforced that pharmacy was the perfect career for me, was getting pharmacy experience. I volunteered and worked at an independent pharmacy in Arizona. I loved everything about that job, especially the opportunity to learn so much about a unique setting of pharmacy. I currently work at The James Cancer Hospital and I absolutely love it as well. I hope that you are (or will be) just as happy as I am with pharmacy as your career choice!
Here’s what you should know about me:
- I graduated from Arizona State University (GO DEVILS!) with a BS in Biochemistry, and a minor in Mathematics/Statistics. So, yes, I am a bit of a nerd.
- My family and friends are everything to me.
- I love animals – especially dogs.
- I recently became a puppy mom to the cutest mutt you’ll ever see!! His name is Cooper (stay tuned for a picture of him).
- I consider myself an introvert with extrovert tendencies.
- I’m absolutely in love with Arizona. And I hate the cold.
- I am half-Japanese and half-Caucasian.
- I hate bugs. Like HATE them.
- I spend my free time either hanging out with friends, crafting, reading, watching Netflix, or working out.
- I love makeup. Gotta keep that brow game strong.
- I love braids. It’s pretty much the only thing I do with my hair besides brush it.
- I’m also terrible about remembering to take pictures.
- I danced growing up, and I miss it so much. My last two years at Arizona State I got really into Latin dances.
- I love wine and craft beer.
I suppose that is enough for now 🙂
If you would like to contact me for any questions about Ohio, The Ohio State University, internships, volunteering, etc, please do so! My email is email@example.com.