My name is Victoria Williams, and I’m your new Ambassador Coordinator this academic year. I’d like to take some time to introduce myself to all of you so that you know a little more about me since I’ll be posting here frequently!
I grew up outside of Pittsburgh, PA though my family now lives outside Philadelphia. My non-pharmacy-related interests include pugs, reading, working out, watching TV, and spending time with friends and family.
I earned my undergraduate degree from OSU in the Pharmaceutical Sciences. During my time as an undergrad, I worked as a Resident Advisor to our Pharmacy House Living/Learning Community and worked for the College of Pharmacy in the Student Affairs Office. I also served as a teaching assistant for “Introduction to Pharmacy” and completed a research project on the effectiveness of this elective course. I started teaching cycle and strength group fitness classes at the campus gym as a junior, and continue to do so now as a PharmD student! Currently I also intern at Riverside Methodist Hospital with Ohio Health.
I’m in my second year of the PharmD program, and I’m enjoying it so much! Of course the coursework is challenging, but it’s so rewarding to be learning a subject I am passionate about alongside other motivated individuals. I love attending the College of Pharmacy here at OSU, and I can’t wait to tell you why in a future post.
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions at Williams.email@example.com!
I’m so excited to introduce myself as one of your four Student Ambassador Coordinators! This is my second year being a Coordinator, and I look forward to everything that will come this year.
My name is Sarah and I am a P3. I am originally from the wonderful state of Arizona. Moving here was a very big transition for me, and so I can relate to many of you incoming P1s that come from a different state. In a small effort to relieve any stress you may have, I’d like to let you know that I am 100% happy with my decision to come to The Ohio State University for my PharmD, and I am so confident that you will be too. It was the best decision I could have made, and I am so fortunate to have all the opportunities for preceptors, colleagues, work, volunteering, and leadership.
Why pharmacy? Well, there are many, many reasons. The two main reasons is that I love science and math and I love helping people. Pharmacy blends these two together perfectly (in my opinion). What really reinforced that pharmacy was the perfect career for me, was getting pharmacy experience. I volunteered and worked at an independent pharmacy in Arizona. I loved everything about that job, especially the opportunity to learn so much about a unique setting of pharmacy. I currently work at The James Cancer Hospital and I absolutely love it as well. I hope that you are (or will be) just as happy as I am with pharmacy as your career choice!
Here’s what you should know about me:
- I graduated from Arizona State University (GO DEVILS!) with a BS in Biochemistry, and a minor in Mathematics/Statistics. So, yes, I am a bit of a nerd.
- My family and friends are everything to me.
- I love animals – especially dogs.
- I recently became a puppy mom to the cutest mutt you’ll ever see!! His name is Cooper (stay tuned for a picture of him).
- I consider myself an introvert with extrovert tendencies.
- I’m absolutely in love with Arizona. And I hate the cold.
- I am half-Japanese and half-Caucasian.
- I hate bugs. Like HATE them.
- I spend my free time either hanging out with friends, crafting, reading, watching Netflix, or working out.
- I love makeup. Gotta keep that brow game strong.
- I love braids. It’s pretty much the only thing I do with my hair besides brush it.
- I’m also terrible about remembering to take pictures.
- I danced growing up, and I miss it so much. My last two years at Arizona State I got really into Latin dances.
- I love wine and craft beer.
I suppose that is enough for now 🙂
If you would like to contact me for any questions about Ohio, The Ohio State University, internships, volunteering, etc, please do so! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.