The Ohio State College of Pharmacy
2016 APhA-ASP Career Fair
Who: OSU College of Pharmacy students (BSPS and PharmD). Door prizes will be available for P2-P4 students, and the event qualifies for PD hours!
What: Meet and network with pharmacy employers in Columbus! Companies represented include: Companies attending include: Walmart, Rite Aid, Meijer, CVS Health, Walgreens, Express Scripts, Mount Carmel Health, Kroger, Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists, OSU Medication Management Program, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Giant Eagle, Eli Lilly, Mayo Clinic, Medpace, Ohio Health, and the Centers for Families and Children!
Opportunities for students to interview with employers will be available! See below for more details about interviews.
Where: Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center: 2201 Fred Taylor Drive Columbus, OH 43210
When: Thursday September 1st, 2016 from 4:00-7:00 PM
Why: This is a great opportunity to explore what jobs Columbus has to offer pharmacy students. Many different hospital and community pharmacies are represented at the Career Fair, and several conduct interviews (apply for an interview beforehand). You can ask questions and learn about different internships and fellowships available to you. Other benefits include:
- Free food, free parking, raffles and prizes, and Professional Development (PD) hours
- Both actual and mock interviews will be available
- Students have received internships from their interactions with employers at the fair in the past
- Provides an opportunity for students to practice their interviewing skills
- Employers from areas of pharmacy including community, hospital, mail-order and industry will be present
- It is a low pressure opportunity to network and interact with employers
Student RSVP: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LYBMYRZ
Companies currently interviewing students:
- P4 students only:
- Rite Aid
- All students:
- CVS Health
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Ohio Health (Only interviewing before the Career Fair from 1-3:30PM
All interviews (other than Ohio Health) will occur between 4:00 and 7:00 PM. If you are interested in interviewing, please complete the steps below no later than Monday, August 22nd:
- Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QRJ5S6Y and complete our online survey indicating your interests and availability for interviewing.
- Upload your resume or CV to our Dropbox by visiting https://www.dropbox.com/request/MpNTHxNUL1JHjb8lMrRG
General information about the interviews:
- They will be conducted on-site at the 4H center
- Interviews will last 30 minutes each, and will begin promptly at the time you are scheduled
- Business professional attire is required
- We will do our best to schedule interviews with employers that you are most interested in, but we cannot make any guarantees. Interviews will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
You will receive your interview schedule no later than Thursday, August 25th.
If you have any questions, please email COPemail@example.com, Daniel Whitehouse at Whitehouse.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://u.osu.edu/pharmcareerfair2016/
Can’t wait to see you there! 🙂