Leadership

Hello!

I believe leadership means many things and that it does not necessarily mean having leadership roles. BUT pharmacy school provides many opportunities to have leadership roles and continue growing your leadership skills. With all the professional organizations here, you have access to many leadership positions. So be prepared for what roles you want when you come into pharmacy school and work for them!

I am currently in an elective class, Leadership in Pharmacy, that is taught by Dr. Milap Nahata. If you are in your undergrad here at OSU, take it! I would highly recommend to take it as an elective during your time here at pharmacy school! Anyways, the best part of the class is that you learn so much about what it means to be a leader – and that a leader and manager are two different things. Their roles do overlap, but a leader is so much more than just a manager.

Personally, I think a leader is much more than just having a role. To me, a leader:

• inspires people
  • engages people
  • goes the extra mile and is hardworking
  • takes risks and learns from failed attempts
  • is humble
  • is a great communicator
  • values honesty, integrity, generosity, and loyalty
  • encourages and appreciates others

How does a leader differ to you? What kind of leader do you want to be?

Pharmacy school can nurture you as a leader because you are surrounded by many people who can mentor and inspire you. You just need to seek those people and the roles you want.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to send them my way at sakai.22@osu.edu!

Sarah Pic