About Me

Hi, my name is Megan Pettner.  I am from Darlington , PA, a small town about an hour Northwest of Pittsburgh.  I am an incoming freshman majoring in Architecture.  Some of my hobbies include running, baking, and painting.  Most of my hobbies are creative because I really like design.  I also enjoy science and math, so that is why I am really interested in architecture.  It encompasses all of my interests.  I am a quiet person, but once I get to know you I am very outgoing.  I plan on taking as many opportunities as I can to experience the world and learn new things.

So far, I have really enjoyed my time at Ohio State.  I was nervous about coming to a large university, but now I am so glad I did.  I enjoy all of my classes and have made so many friends.  I find so many opportunities here that I would not have gotten at a smaller school.  I feel that I have become a more outgoing and responsible person.

I chose the scholars program because I felt that it would make OSU seem smaller.  Not knowing anyone prior to moving onto campus, I was nervous about meeting people.  I think it is really good that I get to live with the people who have the same interests and classes as me.  I also think it is very beneficial that we get to participate in community service and other special events within the scholars group.  I think the traits of involvement, community, and friendship are being exhibited on campus due to the scholars program.