Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Ph.D. in Statistics, 1990
- M.S. in Statistics, 1986
Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- B.S. in Mathematics, 1983 (cum laude)
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Department of Statistics
- Professor, Oct. 2005 to present
- Associate Professor, Oct. 1997 – Sep. 2005
- Assistant Professor, Sep. 1990 – Sep. 1997
Translational Data Analytics Institute
- Affiliated Faculty, Aug. 2015 to present
- Faculty in Residence, Nov. 2017 – May 2018 and Aug. 2018 – May 2019
General Clinical Research Center
- Biostatistician, (25% FTE) Sep. 2004 – Sep. 2008
Department of Psychology
- Visiting Associate Professor, (on leave from Dept. of Statistics) Jan. – Mar. 2004
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Department of Health Evaluation Sciences, Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Associate Professor, Sep. 1997 – Sep. 1998 (on leave from The Ohio State University)
Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
Department of Statistics
- Teaching Assistant, Fall 1988, Spring 1989, Fall 1989, and Spring 1990
- Statistical Consultant, Summer 1989
- Assistant System Manager, Fall 1986 – Fall 1987
- Course Assistant, Fall 1985, Spring 1986, and Spring 1988
Istituto per le Applicazioni della Matematica e dell’Informatica, Milan, Italy
- Research Associate, Jan. 1985 – Aug. 1985
HONORS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- 2008 Dennis V. Lindley Prize for innovative research in Bayesian Statistics: Honorable Mention for the article “Bayesian Model Diagnostics Based on Artificial Autoregressive Errors.”
- Fellow of the American Statistical Association.
- Member of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
- Associate Member of Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society.
- Member of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis.
EDITORIAL AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Associate Editor for Reviews of the Journal of the American Statistical Association and The American Statistician; Jan. 2002 – Dec. 2007.
- Associate Editor of Bayesian Analysis; 2004 – Feb. 2016.
- Co-Editor of Bayesian Analysis; 2015 to present.
- President of the Columbus Chapter of the American Statistical Association, Spring 1994 – Spring 1996.
- Co-Editor (Graphics Section) of the “Statistical Computing & Statistical Graphics Newsletter” of the American Statistical Association, Jan. 1996 – Dec. 1997.
- Section on Statistical Graphics (SSG) of the American Statistical Association:
- Program Chair Elect, Sep. 2000 – Aug. 2001.
- Program Chair, Sep. 2001 – Aug. 2002 (Organized the SSG program for the 2002 Joint Statistical Meetings, New York, NY).
- Section Chair-Elect, Jan. 2004 – Dec. 2004, Section Chair, Jan. 2005 – Dec. 2005, Section Past-Chair, Jan. 2006 – Dec. 2006.
- Representative of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis on the Program Committee of 2018 Joint Statistical Meetings, Vancouver, Canada.