As we march into 2021, we want to share some opportunities for beef cattle producer education coming up this winter. While we’d much rather be in person, this year we are going to offer virtual programming. Additional information can be found at go.osu.edu/2021beefschool.
2021 Ohio Cattle Feeding Webinar – February 24, 6:00 p.m. (Flyer) (Register Here)
Risk Management Livestock Risk Protection and Livestock Gross Margin Insurance – Justin White, Hudson Insurance
Feedlot Ventilation Requirements – Jason Hartschuh, OSU Extension Crawford County
2021 Ohio Cow-Calf Management Schools Webinars (Register Here) One Registration Link for all Sessions.
- 1/18/2021: Getting Started: Making Hay for Beef Cattle (Reviewing Forage Fertility – Jason Hartsuch; New Seeding Species Selection – Christine Gelley)
- 1/25/2021: Addressing Hay Shortfalls (Annual Forage Options – Allen Gahler; Baleage Do’s and Don’ts – Jason Hartschuh)
- 2/01/2021: Hay! Now What? (Forage Analysis – Ted Wiseman; Forage Storage 101 – Garth Ruff)
- 2/08/2021: Cow-Calf Management: Breeding Season Considerations (Managing the Breeding Season – Alvaro Garcia-Guerra; EPD Update: Breeding for Cow Longevity – John Grimes)
- 2/15/2021 Managing Reproduction (Semen Handling – Dean Kreager; Pregnancy Checking – Allen Gahler)
- 2/22/2021: Improving Profits (Making Cow Culling Decisions – Dean Kreager; Maximizing Feeder Calf Value – Garth Ruff)