Private Pesticide and Fertilizer Recertification Opportunities Online
Do you still need pesticide recertification for 2020? There are two options for private applicators that still need to get their recertification credits for this past 2020 season. Here are your options:
1. ONLINE: OSU Extension is offering a TEMPORARY online solution to those who were unable to recertify as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Online private pesticide recertification is a one size fits all, three-hour program. The course is self-paced so applicators can complete it at their convenience, as long as they meet the deadline (90 days after the emergency Executive Order ends or December 1, 2020). The cost is $35 and includes these segments:
- Core: 1 hour
- Category 1, Grain & Cereal Crops: 30 min
- Category 2, Forage & Livestock: 30 min
- Category 3, Fruit & Vegetable Crops: 15 min
- Category 4, Nursery & Forest Crops: 15 min
- Category 5, Greenhouse Crops: 15 min
- Category 6, Fumigation: 15 min
- What you will need to recertify:
- Your pesticide license number. If you do not know your number, call the extension office or ODA directly for assistance.
- An email address. Applicators will need to create a username and password to access the modules.
- Access to the internet. Register at: https://pested.osu.edu/onlinerecert
- Recertification for fertilizer certificate holders (private and commercial) will be available as a separate course for $10.
2. IN OFFICE: Contact our office to come in and view video courses. Please reserve three hours for the Private Pesticide license and one hour for fertilizer recertification. Pesticide only is $35; fertilizer is $10.