To open and prepare the grounds at 4-H Camp Palmer, we need volunteer help. Does your club or organization need a service project? An adult must accompany youth ages 8-15 years of age. Please be prepared to bring your own rakes, and work gloves.
The clean-up morning is scheduled for Saturday, March 25 from 8:30 am to 11:30 am. Please check in at the covered bridge entrance for work assignments.
Some of our main projects will include leaf raking, picking up sticks, mulching trails, cabin cleaning, and removing pool cover at 10:00 a.m.
The camp is located at 26450 County Road MN, Fayette, Ohio right next to Harrison Lake State Park. For more information about the cleanup call Bill Goodson at 419-237-2247 or email@example.com
The Ohio State University will be hosting a Career Readiness Day for 4-H members. This event will consist of activities and speakers that will help prepare them for a successful future.
When: Saturday, April 1, 2023 from 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Who: 4-H members, ages 13-18
Location: Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center (2201 Fred Taylor Drive Columbus, OH 43210)
The dress code is business casual (dress shirt, blouse, polo, nice slacks, khakis, or skirt).
Registration link ⇒ go.osu.edu/taketheleap
For questions or more information please contact Frances Foos (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Longo (email@example.com).
Career Readiness Day Flyer
The 2023 Camping Fee is due February 15th, 2023, to the Paulding County Ag Society. Download the Camping Form below, fill out the required information, and remit payment to the address on the form. Going forward FULL camping dues will be due the last Friday of fair to reserve your spot for the following year.
For camping inquiries email: Pauldingfaircamping@gmail.com
2023 Camping Application for the Paulding County Fair
The Ohio Corriedale Club will award two Corriedale ewes to a 4-H or FFA member that is interested in starting a flock of Corriedale sheep.
The applicant must follow these guidelines:
1. The applicant must complete an application with an essay answering the questions below.
2. All ewes must be managed by the recipient with the assistance and approval of parents or guardians.
3. The recipient must be of 4-H or FFA age the year the ewes are awarded.
4. The recipient must provide adequate facilities and feed for the ewes.
5. The recipient of the ewes or immediate family members must not own Corriedale sheep at the time of application.
6. The recipient should keep the ewes for at least two lambing seasons.
7. The ewes should be a part of the 4-H or FFA member’s project and be exhibited at least at the Junior Fair Sheep Show at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus during the year the ewes are awarded.
Application Due by February 20th.
Ohio Corriedale Club Application
“Invest in Our Future” is a scholarship program for graduating seniors involved in 4-H and/or FFA. Two scholarships of $500 will be awarded in each of the following counties: Allen, Auglaize, Champaign, Clark, Columbiana, Delaware, Hancock, Hardin, Logan, Mercer, Morrow, Paulding, Putnam, Seneca, Shelby, Union, Van Wert, and Wyandot.
Eligibility for scholarship:
- Must be a high school senior of a high school in the county in which you are applying.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a four-year college, two-year college, or a trade school for Fall Quarter/Semester of 2023.
- Applicant must be involved in a junior fair program (4-H or FFA)
Applications are due by April 15, 2023.