Interview Answers

1. 8
2. I feel like there’s always room for improvement, but they did a great job. I just wasn’t comfortable being there with a catheter, hooked up to all kinds of meds, and being checked down there was very uncomfortable
3. I had developed preeclampsia so I was monitored closely and told not to move from the bed. I had to have all kinds of medicine hooked to me also because of the high blood pressure.
4. My high blood pressure was noticed at my last check up with my OB, as soon as he seen the high blood pressure I was admitted into the hospital at 38 weeks.
5. No I do not think this is something they could have foreseen.
6. When I first got there they hooked me up to medicine to bring down my blood pressure.
7. I was scared because I read about the dangers of preeclampsia.
8. I believe that any woman can experience what I experience. Any woman can develop preeclampsia no matter the race.
9. After I had my son, they questioned me a lot about a drug I had in my system. I’m not sure if it was race related, but I told them multiple times that the drug was in my system because my OB prescribed it to me for my headaches. They asked me over 4-5 times about it, and I felt a little weird about it because I feel like once I tell one nurse why that drug is in my system then the message should have been relayed to the next nurse.
10. When I was being checked for dilation, and getting my water broke that was the worse pain I ever experienced. The epidural wasn’t to much pain like I expected it to be. Having a C section I think allowed me to not experience as much pain as other women who have their babies natural.