[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
[ “Year in Review” is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and as a student. You may want to focus on your growth in a particular area (as a leader, scholar, researcher, etc.) or you may want to talk about your overall experience over the past year. For more information, go to: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/e-portfolio. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
[ “G.O.A.L.S.” is a place where students write about how their planned, current, and future activities may fit into the Honors & Scholars G.O.A.L.S.: Global Awareness, Original Inquiry, Academic Enrichment, Leadership Development, and Service Engagement. For more information, go to: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/e-portfolio. Delete these instructions and add your own post.
Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences. For example, consider course work, study abroad, involvement in cultural organizations or activities, etc .
Original Inquiry: Honors & Scholars students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class scholarly endeavors to creative inquiry projects to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community. For example, consider research, creative productions or performances, advanced course work, etc.
Academic Enrichment: Honors & Scholars students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom.
Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.
Service Engagement: Honors & Scholars students commit to service to the community.]
Emily Taylor Palsa
6983 Silkwood Lane Solon, Ohio 44139 216-470-9491 Palsa.firstname.lastname@example.org
● The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
○ Major: Zoology Anticipated Graduation, May 2021
● Solon High School , Solon, Ohio 44139
● Concessions Stand Worker, Solon Recreation Center
- ○ Performing cleaning duties including stocking merchandise, washing dishes and polishing counters
- ○ Balancing receipts and payments in cash registers
- ○ Preparing and serving meals and beverages to customers 2015-PresentHONORS/AWARDS:
● Health Sciences Scholars (HSS) Program, The Ohio State University
- ○ Volunteering 10 hours per semester
- ○ Exploring health science related topics
- ● Honor Roll, Solon High School
- ● Academic and Athletic Letterman, Solon High School 2013-2017
● Key Club Pin
○ 20+ volunteer hours
● Key Club Member and Publicity Chair
- ○ Planned and attended charity events
- ○ Scripted emails and announcements
- ○ Ran social media platforms promoting Key Club eventsEXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- ● Garden of Hope
- ● Varsity Girls Lacrosse, Solon High School
[Artifacts are the items you consider to be representative of your academic interests and achievements. For each entry, include both an artifact and a detailed annotation. An annotation is a reflective description of the artifact that attempts to communicate its significance. For more information, go to: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/e-portfolio. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
Emily Palsa is a freshman at The Ohio State University in the Health Sciences Scholars program. She is majoring in zoology with aspirations of becoming an ecologist. Emily graduated from Solon High School and is excited to continue her education. Emily loved volunteering every week throughout high school and will be continuing that throughout her years at university. In Emily’s free time, she immerses herself with nature by, for example, going on hikes or walks through the Metroparks. Additionally, she has a passion for health, fitness, music, and spending time with her family and friends.