Columbus To Do List: Part 2

For my Columbus to do list part two I continued the ice cream and desserts path. I went to  Whit’s Custard, Graeter’s Ice Cream, and Kittie’s Cakes. Whit’s Custard is the furthest from Torres House. There isn’t many options to choose from. There are three flavors: vanilla, chocolate and Whit’s special weekly flavor. I had the regular vanilla flavor. The weekly flavor was Caramel Pecan Pie, which looked good but I did not want to take any chances of it being nasty. I also appreciate that they have vegan options. They are trying to include everybody and gain more customers. The custard was good, but it I prefer ice cream. There was great service was also and they stay open during the winter months. The next place is Graeter’s Ice Cream which I really enjoyed it. The staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. They cared about my experience from beginning to end mad sure I chooses a flavor I enjoyed. I had gotten peppermint ice cream and it had real peppermint candy pieces in it. Peppermint flavor was really out of my comfort zone, but I tried it because the lady had recommended it to me. I was surprised to see that I had enjoyed the flavor. It was a refreshing but tastes good taste. They also had theses cakes and pies that looked so delicious. The prices for the ice cream was very reasonable and I feel like I definitely got my money’s worth. Lastly, I went to Kittie’s Cakes. I went to the bakery to get the famous cinnamon rolls but I was disappointed. By the time I got there they were already sold out. I don’t understand why they don’t make abundance when it seems like that’s their most popular item. I had gotten a mini cupcake. It was good but I don’t wow me. I also think it was pricy for the size and flavor. The bakery was set up really cute. I fell in love with how it looked and the smell of all the baked goods as soon as you walk in. My favorite experience was Graeter’s. Everything from the staff to the flavor of ice cream was amazing. I learned that Columbus has a lot of neat bakery and ice cream shops around town. Also from just traveling the city to go to these sites I see plenty of little cute boutiques and food places that I never knew about. This project made me want to go explore more of what Columbus has to offer. There’s so many shops that site along high street that can be easily accessed by bus. I recommend that anybody could try any of these places because they are all so different. If you go to Kittie’s I recommend going early so you can try the cinnamon roll. These ice cream parlors are also surrounded by other things that can make the trip worth it. Everyone should try these places, you can also find an ice cream flavor you’ve never had that you might like because they do serve some bizarre flavors.