The Ohio State University Young Professionals Network Employee Resource Group (OSUYPN ERG) empowers Ohio State employees through professional development, social engagement, networking events, and leadership opportunities.
- Align activities with the University’s goals and values
- Encourage professional development
- Develop leadership skills
- Network with peers
- Chair: Oversees the board meetings and completes tasks as needed by the board.
- Past Chair: After serving as the chair, the past-chair serves in an advisory capacity to support the team.
- Events Specialist: Oversees all event planning for the organization to make certain the events are completed in a timely manner. This includes supervising Professional Development and Social Programs.
- Professional Development Events Chair: Works to plan and oversee professional development events.
- Professional Development Events Vice Chair: Aids in planning and overseeing professional development events.
- Social Programs Chair: Works to plan and oversee social events.
- Social Programs Vice Chair: In year 1, aids in planning and overseeing social events. In year 2, moves into Social Programs Chair.
- Communications/Marketing Chair: Creates and distributes promotions and communications
- Communications/Marketing Vice Chair: In year 1, aids with the creation and distribution of promotions and communications. In year 2, moves into the Communications/Marketing Chair role.
- Treasurer: Manages financial resources
- Treasurer-Elect: Aids in the management of financial resources. In year 2, moves into Treasurer position.
- Registration/Assessment Chair: Maintains membership database, completes the assessment, and oversees event registration.
- Registration/Assessment Vice Chair: Aids in the maintaining of the membership database, completing the assessment, and overseeing event registration. In year 2, moves into the Registration/Assessment Chair Position.
- Mentoring Chair: Oversees the mentoring program.
- Mentoring Vice Chair: Assists with the mentoring program. In year 2, serves as Mentoring Chair.
|Chair: Hannah Nichols
Hannah has been with Ohio State since June of 2015 and currently work in Radiology as a Program Manager. Her hope is to help guide our board to provide conversation and opportunity to other young professionals in the OSU community.
|Vice Chair: Brian Javor
|Treasurer: Benjamin Raines
Ben serves as the Wellness Coordinator for Financial Education within the Student Life Student Wellness Center at The Ohio State University. Ben received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and minor in Entrepreneurship from The Ohio State University. He is currently pursuing a Master of Business Administration degree from The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business. Before returning to the university, Ben worked in real estate finance and completed several national service terms including stints as a college access advisor in southeastern Ohio and as a trail crew leader in Colorado, Wyoming and Arizona.
|Secretary: Olga Vlashyn
Olga is a second-year Health-System Pharmacy Administration (HSPA) resident at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Her Master’s Project for the upcoming year is going to focus on the overall clinical impact of ICU pharmacists at medical center through a pulsed intervention tracking method. Her professional interests include medication safety, global health, academia, and clinical management. She looks forward to working with everyone on the board and helping to put on some impactful events!
|Chair of Assessment: Madison Hilston|
|Vice Chair of Assessment: Janna Stephens
|Chair of Communications: Jeffrey Jessberger|
|Vice Chair of Communications: Kristy Deck
|Chair of Mentorship: Holly Davis
Holly has worked in various roles at Ohio State for the last four years, including Student Life, The Office of Research and now University Libraries. She is passionate about putting “The” in front of all references to Ohio State, and for advocating for the staff experience through her role in The University Staff Advisory Council (USAC). She hopes to develop a comprehensive mentorship program that helps young OSU professionals to make connections and get to know all campus has to offer.
|Vice Chair of Mentorship: Damian Jankowski
|Chair of Professional Development: Colin Veatch
Colin is the Regional Engagement Officer for Southwest Ohio and the Midwest US at the Ohio State Alumni Association. Colin shares that he has always strived to improve himself in both work and home life and hopes to bring a variety of ideas and programs to the professional development committee to do the same for our members.
|Chair of Professional Development: Kiley Walker|
|Vice Chair of Professional Development: Alyssa Maldonado
|Chair of Social Events: Brei Miller
|Vice Chair of Social Events: Hannah Inman
Hannah started working at OSUMC as a student assistant in 2016 and has worked her way up to her current role as the executive assistant in the department of neurology in the College of Medicine. An important aspect of managing the “working world” is networking to connect with my colleagues, in and outside of work. That is why Hannah joined OSUYPN and took on the role of vice chair of social events.
|Faculty Advisor: Arick Forrest|