An important part of staying on top of your rigorous workload is not only time-management, but maintaining your physical and mental well-being. Below are some excellent resources to manage anxiety and stress:
- How are you handling your work stress?
- Overcoming Destructive Patterns of Thinking and Feeling
- Planning Guide for Coping with Stress
Ohio State also has a variety of resources for postdocs.
For support in crisis, postdocs can visit the suicide prevention website here to learn how to assist others or themselves.
An important part of mental health is physical health. Ohio State has various types of recreational sports teams open to postdocs. They can be found here.
Part of the benefits package you receive working at Ohio State includes the employee assistance program. Some of these services are listed below and can be accessed by visiting the HR website here.
- Legal Assistance
- Identity Theft Recovery Assistance
- Child and Elder Care Resources and Referral
- Incivility or Bullying in the Workplace, at Home or at School
- Developing Emotional Intelligence
- Change Management
- Financial Counseling
- Employee Emergency Fund for Short-term Financial Crises
- Resiliency Training
- Critical Incident Debriefing Services for Workplace Incidents
- Manager Consultation about mental health or employee concerns
Conflict Resolution is important in every field. OSU has a comprehensive website to assist with any conflict that may occur and to provide you with tools to use here and further on in your career. Visit the conflict resolution website here.