Do you plan on attending a conference? Is there an out-of-state training you’re interested in? Do you need external funding to help cover travel costs?
Consider the following:
- Does the conference you plan to attend offer travel awards?
- Does your college have staff professional development awards?
- The University has Staff Career Development Grants. Applications are accepted twice a year, in January and July.
- The Women’s Place has Staff Career Development Grants as well as Staff Manager Development Grants. For more details, visit their site here.
- The Postdoctoral Association (PDA)’s Travel Awards. They are offered in the spring and the fall in the amount of $500. For the timeline and how to apply, please visit their site here.