See below for detailed information on each step.
Step 1: Submit form of intent
The form of intent must be submitted by the faculty member. Please review this file for more information on what is needed for the nomination packet.
- Please make sure to discuss the funding plan with your college liaison before submitting the form of intent.
- Submitting the form of intent requires Ohio State University name.# to login.
- Forms of intent are due by Friday, December 1, 2023, 11:59 p.m. (ET).
Step 2: Gather nomination materials
All submissions must include the following:
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae.
Please make sure that the CV does not include personal information such as social security numbers, visa or passport numbers, pictures, summary of personal details such as nationality, date of birth, marital status, and number of dependents, or a list of hobbies and interests. These items may be common in CVs from other countries, but in the US these items are omitted to protect candidates from discrimination and to comply with data security protocols.
- Education and background statement written by the nominee.
1-2 pages, single spaced with the following included:
- Information about the applicant’s personal background and career trajectory.
- List of career goals and an explanation of how this position will enhance the applicant’s career development.
- Justification of the choice of career goals and selection of a sponsoring faculty member and Ohio State.
- Discussion of the broader impacts of the proposed activities.
- No templates for this statement will be provided.
- Diversity statement from the nominee.
In 500 words, the nominee should describe how they will bring diversity to their future research and teaching efforts and help Ohio State, as well as their discipline, become more diverse and inclusive. No templates for this statement will be provided.
- Up to three letters of recommendation emphasizing the nominee’s potential as a scholar.
Two letters of recommendation are required, but a third is strongly encouraged. Please send this form to your letter writers. Letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the faculty member nominating the candidate, as these letters must be submitted with the complete nomination package as a PDF file. Do not send them to the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
- Nomination letter from the faculty mentor/sponsor.
Letter should describe the expected impact of the applicant on the sponsor’s scholarly program and the likely impact on scholarship in the discipline. No templates for this statement will be provided.
- Postdoctoral training track record.
- Faculty in fields with a tradition of postdoctoral training: A table listing the last 10 postdoctoral scholars trained by the nominating faculty member and their training outcomes is required. If the faculty member has trained less than 10 individuals, list them all. If the faculty nominator does not have at least 5 previous mentees, we highly encourage the inclusion of a co-mentor, who has more expertise mentoring postdocs, but this is not required. Please use the Experience Mentoring Postdoctoral Trainees form to report the training record of both the mentor and co-mentor (separate forms for each faculty member need to be uploaded in a single PDF file).
- Faculty in fields for which postdoctoral training is new: A table listing the last 10 doctoral/MFA scholars trained by the nominating faculty member and their training outcomes is required. If the faculty member has trained less than 10 individuals, list them all. If the faculty nominator does not have at least 5 previous mentees, we highly encourage the inclusion of a co-mentor, who has more expertise mentoring postdocs, but this is not required. Please use the Experience Mentoring Doctoral/MFA Trainees form to report of both the mentor and co-mentor (separate forms for each faculty member need to be uploaded in a single PDF file).
- If a co-mentor will be included, please submit:
- A letter of support from the co-mentor.
- The co-mentor must be a faculty member at Ohio State.
- Postdoctoral or doctoral/MFA training record of the co-mentor using the Experience Mentoring Postdoctoral Trainees form. Please indicate in the form that this is for a co-mentor.
- Evidence of formal mentoring training by a professional society, National Research Mentoring Network or similar entity needs to be provided for the nominating faculty. This training has to take place by the nomination deadline.
- Nominee’s individual development plan.
Suggested resources: STEM fields and/or Humanities and social science fields.
- Mentoring plan for the first year.
The plan is based on the nominee’s individual development plan (a subsequent plan will be required when applying for year two of funding). Download Mentoring Plan: Year 1.
- Up to three examples of the nominee’s scholarly efforts.
(publications, works of artistic expression, etc.)
Step 3: Submit nomination
- Nominations must be submitted by the faculty member.
- Materials must be submitted as PDF files.
- The link to submit nominations will be sent with the form of intent confirmation.
- Nominations must be received by Friday, December 22, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET.
For more information about the selection process, including information on evaluation criteria, please click here.
Please reach out to the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regrading the nomination process.
***The Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexuality, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***