Applications for the 2023 cohort of scholars are now closed.
About the Program
The President’s Postdoctoral Scholars Program (PPSP), supported by the Office of the President, was launched in January 2018 to recognize highly-qualified postdoctoral trainees who will become leaders in their fields. The program supports the scholarly efforts and training of terminal degree holders (PhD and others) who wish to pursue careers in research and creative inquiry, as well as providing professional development and networking opportunities.
Benefits include salary support and full benefits (health insurance, tuition assistance, and paid leave) provided by the Office of the President and the scholar’s faculty mentor/sponsor college. PPSP scholars also receive funds to support research, creative expression, and professional development-related expenses.
- Form of Intent: November 25, 2022
- Nomination Package: December 16, 2022
- The PPSP award is for two years. Colleges will have to provide assurance that there is a commitment to fund the awardee for a full two years.
- The funding structure changed to make the PPSP and the rest of the funding units contributions the same each year.
- Though not a requirement, ideal faculty mentors are those who have some experience mentoring postdoctoral scholars and trainees. Co-mentors are encouraged for anyone who does not have much experience mentoring postdoctoral scholars and trainees. See the eligibility criteria section for more information. Co-mentors should be faculty at Ohio State University.
- The nominating faculty must have a conversation with their college liaison and discuss the funding plan before submitting the form of intent.
- August 3, 2022: General call for nominations released.
- November 25, 2022: Form of Intent due.
- December 16, 2022: Nomination package due.
- December 20 – January 20, 2023: Nomination review period.
- January 31, 2023: First round of award notifications. If declinations are received additional offers will be made.
- Early March, 2023: Final announcement of winners (tentative date; this will depend on how many offers are needed and the response time from the applicants).
- Award begins no later than January 1, 2024.