Ohio State Office of Research
Postdocs with PI Status are eligible to apply. Postdocs can submit an application and begin the PI Status eligibility process, which is primarily about obtaining approval from their mentor/department chair. Learn more here.
I-Corps@Ohio is a statewide program to assist researchers from Ohio universities and colleges to validate the market potential of their technologies and assist with launching startup companies.
The K99/R00 Pathway to Independence Award offers a unique opportunity for postdocs to be supported during the completion of their mentored position as well as during the first 3 years of a tenure-track position.
This workshop will provide guidance to NIH postdocs , both U.S. citizens and international scholars, who would like to submit applications to this grant program.Presenters: Joan Schwartz, PhD, is Assistant Director, Office of Intramural Research; Steven Korn, PhD, is Director of Training and Career Development, NINDS.
The OSUCCC –James and Ohio State Department of Internal Medicine have contracted with Meg Bouvier Medical Writing, LLC, to provide a library of virtual, self-paced training courses to assist scientists in successfully applying for research grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Meg Bouvier, who has a PhD in biomedical sciences, formerly worked as a staff writer at the NIH. Since 2007 she has specialized in editing and advising on NIH submissions, and she began offering virtual courses in 2015.
Grantsmanship training can support not only the current submission, but improve a researcher’s skills going forward in their role as grantee, mentor and reviewer.
To view the full library of titles, you will need to register and follow the access instructions. The organizational coupon code is “OSUCCC NIH TRAINING.” You will need to create an account using your @osumc.edu or @osu.edu email address and create a password.
Learn more here!
Grants.gov – this site searches all federal funding opportunities
- Agency for International Development (USAID) Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Department of Education
- Institute for Educational Sciences (IES)
- Department of Education
- Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE)
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS)
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- Health Resources & Services Administration
- Administration for Children and Families
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Science Foundation
- The American Federation For Aging Research
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Grants Database